Running Wires Thru Roof Rail/Roof Rack Holes. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I'm trying to run a wire thru the roof in the same manner that @savirc did in this post:

Below are the picture of what I have to work with. I'm thinking If I drill out that sealant (and maybe a little further) I should be able to get wires for my solar thru in the general vicinity of the oh s*** bar in the reat passenger seat - I already have good sealent to block up the hole again when I'm done.

What I could use some help with is how to get the interior roof of the car away the vehicle far enough that I can drill/insert/fish the wires thru, so that I can run them down the B pillar to my dometic battery. Clearly I need to remove the oh s*** bar (which looks easy...judging my the missing plastic piece it is just screwed on). Once that is off will i just be able to wedge a trim remover in somewhere to pry open an area to work in under the roof, or is it a lot more painful than that?

IMG_1751.jpg
IMG_1750.jpg
1592697788941.jpeg
IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

Just keep taking off the plastic trim off, get all the screws than pop the plastic off.
Depending on how far you need to get may have to take B pillar plastic off.
Now if you are like me and have already punched a big hole for the snorkel, you drill a hole in the roof near the overhead console and put in a 12 pin waterproof connector. Then it is easy to add circuits for lights, power for GoPros, solar, etc.

Yup, I’m planning to make a hole in the roof and use a Deutsch 12 pin flanged connector.
Good stuff, and clean.

Just keep taking off the plastic trim off, get all the screws than pop the plastic off.
Depending on how far you need to get may have to take B pillar plastic off.
Now if you are like me and have already punched a big hole for the snorkel, you drill a hole in the roof near the overhead console and put in a 12 pin waterproof connector. Then it is easy to add circuits for lights, power for GoPros, solar, etc.
Any chance you have a pic of that (from the top and the bottom?)

What is the official name for the two strips of rubber on the roof? I'm trying to remove them and I can't find any threads on this. One of the plastic clips underneath my left side broke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom