running power to the rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am running power to the rear of the 80 .. HAs anyone used the frame rails to do this ?? I want to run some 8 gauge and 10 gauge back there .. Route it through the frame rails and into the rear wheel wells .. What do ya'll think of this method ?

thanks D ..

I ran mine through a gromet in the engine bay and then under the rim to the back. The palstic trim comes off easy. I had no issues.

ya frame rails are perfect. the more its out of the way the better.but if i may ask what are you running in the back ?how much juice are the wires carrying,are you going to need relays and such:beer:

ya frame rails are perfect. the more its out of the way the better.but if i may ask what are you running in the back ?how much juice are the wires carrying,are you going to need relays and such:beer:

i am runnin a 30 amp air compressor and a few cig power outlets .. over kill on the wire size but it is mine so over kill hillbilly is the rule for my rig ..xtra power for future usses

why would i need relays the power will come right off the battery no ignition switch control

i dont think 2 #8 And 2 #10 will fit under the plastic and carpet very well

I used to have two 8 guage cables running under the plastic to two amps in the rear. One on each side along with 2 sets of RCA cables. There was room to spare.

I ran a # 2 from about under the drivers feet all the way back In the frame rail.
it worked out great, and as a extra precaution I sleeved it with silicone coated fiberclass tubing.

ken

I ran a 2 guage wire to the back of my truck. It feeds an inverter and an amp for the isobaric bandpass in my cargo drawer. I put a 40 amp fuse at the battery and and ran the 2 gauge wire to a fuse panel in the compartment with the factory bottle jack. I also ran an 8 gauge ground back there that runs from the battery to a ground bus under the instrument cluster, then continues back to another ground bus at the rear fuse panel. All off this fit under the carpet, the ground under the wire chase in the sill, the 12v next to it under the carpet. Everything fit and you can't tell it's there. Next I'll be removing the on/off switch from the inverter and moving it to the dash.

Best regards,
Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom