running CB antenna thru to outside? suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello trying to run a CB antenna to the rear and outside; any suggestions? I want to have a external magnet mount for long road trips but have the wire already set up. is there a pass thru in the rear cargo area? thanks

I want to say there is a pass-through around the second row seats. You could drill a hole and use a blank grommet if you can't find an existing pass through.

There are a couple plastic plugs in the rear cargo area. I ran my ham radio antenna cable through one of those. I cut a small notch so the plug would stay put with the cable through it. Easy.

There are plugs in the middle row floor board area. I had to remove them when I flooded the truck..should work great for something like this.

I just went behind the weather stripping around the top half of the trunk door. It's worked perfectly fine, haven't had any issues, and it has still retained its water resistance (no leaks).

oy no weather stripping lol I have had so MANY issues with water leaks!!! LOL gonna pull some carpet up tomorrow and then work on it over the weekend. By the way what have you guys used for antenna mounts??

I use one of these...mounted to the swing out on my Slee rear bumper.

antennamount.jpg

I also bought, but haven't used a Lab Rack antenna mount which attaches to the side of the rear hatch using existing holes, just above the tail light. I wanted my antenna higher to try to solve some ham-specific issues, but the Lab Rack mount is far more elegant, and works regardless of which bumper you have.

Not the greatest photo, but you can see where I ran my CB antenna, aux backup light and reverse camera wiring through the rear cargo area. You can also see some other penetrations that could be used.
IMG_0614.jpg

thanks for the pic but that looks a little to much work for me lol! now the access you used to go thru the floor of the back; did you create that? also in your description you mention a E locker; what brand did you have?

The hole in the bottom right of the photo is a factory penetration and rubber grommet. Just punched a hole in the grommet and ran the wires through. You can sneak the wires back from the front to that location just tucked along the door sills and rear wheel well. Then peel up the cargo cover to access the hole I used. This might not be the easiest way to do it so someone else may have better advice. I wanted a clean install and was planning to pull everything anyway :)

I have the factory OEM rear e-locker and an ARB front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom