Running a positive cable thru the cabin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When you say "they run it"......they run #4 or larger through the cabin to reach the rear of the vehicle ? Strikes me as challenging, time-consuming, and not necessary, but to each their own. I've got #4 running to my rear----not through the cabin----I've had no drama for 275,000 miles, neoprene jacketing and split loom, and yes along the frame is far easier, safer, and yes, the cable run is exposed to the environment.

****Based on that pic above, apparently it's possible.*******

I totally agree with you that it can be done and function well and I am sure most of the overland/offroad community did run it outside and they probably do just fine

will try in cabin....if too crowded will do frame rail.

Good to know I don't have to lose sleep if I do end up doing it under the car.

yeah....that is exactly what my car looks like now

its just that I have about 15 wires from my ARB compressor and LINX pressure controls
4 wires from my rear dashcam car and trailer setup
Battery monitor wire from my Anderson charging plug for my trailer
6 wires to trigger (future) lighting setup

and now pos and neg....

getting a bit crowded in that area.

BTW in the front cab if you unclip the white clip holding the carpet to the blue clips...behind there is an empty clip part of the blue clip that will take a 1/4-3/8" bundle of wires...in the 2nd row it is occupied by something.

Was able to tidy up some of my wiring using that area...
Of course a number of those wires can be 18awg. I use lots of Milspec Tefzel wire to thin down the OD's

There's tons of room to run the wire underneath

1644537455513.png

I ran two 2awg from the battery along the frame rail up into the cargo area on the DS. I believe there is the same set of grommets on the PS. I wrapped everything in split loom then Tesa 51036 harness tape which has excellent heat and abrasion resistance.

See post 28 and 29 (not shown buy yes I did reinstall the grommet in the cargo area floor and the wire is not able to rub against the metal floor). The zip ties are just there to hold things in place while I figure out a better way to secure it (but they are super heavy duty zip ties :hillbilly:).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom