runnin to cool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yo man you right on the money sweet drivin home from work today about 25miles them temp guage stayed in that same area but went up to the third line and drop back down then it didn't do it anymore confused i wonder if i have a cracked head

i am not really lossing water anymore but still have some condinsation on oil cap but i might have not got out all of the coolant i will change oil agian soon after about 100miles

The third line is nothing to worry about. It was funny, i put my oring on and thought my truck was overheating because it had never run that hot before. Mine sits between the second and third line as well. Consider yourself lucky, 2 of my thermostat bolts broke off, what a PITA.

yo man you right on the money sweet drivin home from work today about 25miles them temp guage stayed in that same area but went up to the third line and drop back down then it didn't do it anymore confused i wonder if i have a cracked head
your fan kicked in

cool i will retorque head this weekend thanks guys

Here is a pic of my temp guage at its opperating temp. This seems to low to me or is this in line with what the rest of you all typically see. If not looks like I need to get an o-ring/gasket as well. Thanks:cheers:

WheelingAroundBurleson055.jpg

Thats what I am thinking. I'm going to check the thermostat and look for a gasket.

Well yesterday I took apart the the t-stat housing and inspected the inards. Looks like an orginal thermostat. The t-stat oring-gasket was intact however looks like with a little bit more flow would crumble into 100 peices.

The odd thing was the t-stat still works however upon installing the whole mess till the parts from spector off road come later this week I drove around and it now opperates at the normal opp temp. I scraped some old stop leak antifreeze from the housing and slaped it all back together and it now runs just fine. So with new stuff I will be interested in seeing at what temp it will run.

Any ideas why taking apart and putting back together would yeild such results?

Possible stuck fan clutch, my rig ran that cool when I had a fan clutch that was stuck.

mine spins with resistance and then kicks on once hot.

Mine always runs like that!!! and I've always wonder why does it runs like this, but I haven't worried about it because the gauge works fine and when I turn the A/c on the temp goes to the middle of the gauge so do you think that this could be as well the o-ring gasket ?.

Last edited:
MY AC needs a charge so that very well may be the case. Once I replace my oring I will let you know whether I get more consistant reading on my temp.

Man what oil are you running to get that kind of pressure? I only run about 1/4 up the gauge, even with brand new oil, which is plenty, but yours is way higher.

Man what oil are you running to get that kind of pressure? I only run about 1/4 up the gauge, even with brand new oil, which is plenty, but yours is way higher.

I am running 10w 40 walmart brand. I just changed about 1k ago. It has always ran that high since I purchased this last dec. I've thought that a good oil pressure was a good omen from the cruiser gods that mine is going to run forever:D

Anyone have the Toyota Part Number for this elusive O-Ring?

I just purchased from spector. Sorry once it comes in the mail I will see if the packaging has the # on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom