Run Parry Sound Nov 27th and 28th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
i have not seen this posted up yet so i thought i would give fair notice about it.
<email me if you are coming so we can get a list of who to expect>
<contact info would be nice, name and cell number>
Wayne 519-387-0058

https://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-upper-canada-land-cruisers/267781-uclc-spring-run.html we did a enjoyable, challenging run near Parry sound, a number of rigs showed and all participated, all came back home although i ended up limping my rig back out of the bush.

Dave, Dave, myself are already making plans to do the run. i am building up my "new" wheeling rig so i can sleep in the back. i think Dave will be bringing his cool off road trailer and the other Dave has his black and silver 60 back on the road.

i will be heading up friday night and it is a camping overnighter (MAYBE two nights). pull out at 9am to challenge the wheeling Gods and the obstacles they will throw at us.

last run we had ice, snow, mud, rock, water, clay, hills to defeat... and we were sucessful. this year who knows.

mandatory for this run:
attachment points front and rear
FSR (you know, those cheap little Crappy tire hand head radios)
good attitude

what would be nice:
brakes
winch
an engine that runs and a tranny that shifts
rear locker
decent tires, streets are fine but muds are better. tread is needed, what kind is up to you and your budget.

it could be a long day, we hit the trail head at 9 am so have breaky finished and packed up ready to roll by then. if you delay then you are holding EVERYONE else back and it really isn't fair.
we will be back when we get there, noon, 6 pm, midnight, next morning, next day.
we will leave no one behind BUT we might leave a truck to be extracted the next day.
no whinning, everyone is expected to participate in the tasks that come up. if a chain saw is needed then the other hands will help move the brush, if a tug is needed then anyone can haul the rope or cable,
note:
there is nothing worse than having guys that are enjoying the run sitting on their asses when work is being done. this goes for kids, adults and old fat farts, at least ASK if there is anything you can do to help.
think of it this way, someday it might be YOU that could use a hand and how would you feel if we all just stood by and stared with our mouths hanging open and drool seeping out?

it could be wet, it could be cold, no matter what dress for it. once you are wheeling you don't notice is as much. actually some of my most enjoyable wheeling events were the nastiest of days.
snow so heavy you could barely see the trail ahead.
rain coming down and the trails changed as each truck passed over it.
ice so slippery you could not stand.
wind so strong you needed both hands to shut the doors.
it is all part of the adventure.

the best tool you can have is a positive attitude, with a positive attitude you can overcome most challenges. with a positive attitude even wheelign in a farmers feild can be a good time. with a positive attitude others will want to wheel with you.
and the only one that can give you that positive attitude is YOU.

the stories i could tell of the nasty nasty runs i have been on but what is cool is you don't forget those runs.

in all seriousness, i hope many of you will MAKE the time to come on this run. it is a CLUB run so support the efforts of the members and participate.

you have 21 days to get your trucks ready and your time off booked.

see you at the trail head.

cheers

Last edited:
Sorry about not posting it up sooner, I've been trying to figure out my schedule and time lines for that weekend.
Dave

Last edited:
i am confirmed as absent on this one ! pissed to say it but this is the way it is .i have the girls and moving to do so have a great time and remember i would rather be there !.
regretfully reporting this news
moose /mike

sorry boys can't make this one I will be in texas! you guys should of made it out this weekend :p

would be happy to do some runs in early December I am done school on the 9th.

Matt

i am going to do a day test run near home on the 27th or 28th if anyone is interested.
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom