Run for the last weekend of Sept (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
trees are starting to change color here so i want some pics of cruisers in the vibrant background.
it can be here, it can be up at parry sound, it can be near Ottawa...i don't really care (although the peninsula is on fire (and close to home) then). i just want to get a run happening.

post here to send an email direct: wayne@crushersrule.com

cheers

sounds good to me... 25th to 27th it is...

2 up and running, anyone else? i would like to see more of the guys that only get out once a year attend. lets try to make this the largest of the season. we need a front page to our site and a variety of cruisers with the autumn colors in the back ground would be priceless.
you all have lots of warning of the run, make a deal with your spouses (promise them you won;t ask for sex for a month if they let you go). make a deal with your workmates to and swap shifts. make a deal with the Devil if you have to.

everyone is welcome, all types of rigs stockers to fully modified. (has to be Toyota though).

OR

we can just keep it small and a select few...

ughh, gonna try real hard to get on this one, but i can't guarantee anything! my september is lookin packed.

do you guys have any ideas on where yet? anyone been to minden hydrolines (and there's different types of good trails there i hear)..closer than ardbeg too...

how bout the kingston boys...Bruce? Mike? Louis?

I have run lots of the trails in and around minden and south of there in the 5 points trail system lots of fun to be had. My cottage is about 45mins north of there and we could use it as a jump off if we wanted to lots of beds. The boat will still be in the water if any brave soles would like a late season Ski or Wakeboard!

i will consider it. but have much on my plate: might start school soon, soa in the works and 25-27 i will be in burks falls, but that might be near???

i am dying to go offroading, i went and got muddy the other day at the coke plant :p

this labour weekend, i am going to my buddys farm to camp/offroad. short notice, everyone is welcomed

we will be hitting up the bobcaygeon trails, which i think are the same trails that matt is talking about.

i am in no kids that weekend and it looks like the olympics won't be on that weekend . maybe i can find a trail bunny ???
moose

volounteering the cottage again if anyone wants to tour arround near bancroft! ?
putting it out there for anyone who is willing , a bed for everyone .
just a thought

the trees and shrubs are changing color already...
sure going to be a beautiful fall.

I was at my place in Haliburton this weekend noticed a few of the leaves starting to turn!

Anymore thoughts on where we might go? I will be in Orangeville till friday @ 4:30 so maybe somewhere in the western side of things parry sound maybe?

Glad to hear you will be joining us moose!

The trees sure are starting to go - was up in Killarney this past weekend and they were turning.

Sorry won't be able to make the run - wedding in Ottawa that weekend (probably wouldn't be popular if the best man didn't show up!)

Can't wait to see the pics.

j.

i am in no kids that weekend and it looks like the olympics won't be on that weekend . maybe i can find a trail bunny ???
moose

Are you in the Special Olympics Moose?? (do a google search on stephen lynch - special olympics, I'm sure you'd appreciate his music)

I'd like to but I am on nights and have a snowmobile show that I have to attend. Then my truck goes under the knife for some much needed attention.

I'm in for a spring run!!!! Will have my new engine/tranny/transfer by then.

Louis

PS, Wayne - what's the story on the tow rope??

i posted up for a group buy but no one stepped up so i will get one ordered up for you...

the last weekend is out, not enough interest (read none). (never been part of such a dead cruiser club before, interesting to experience, seems to fit perfectly with my new experience in Ontario in general)

i will be delivering the HZJ40 instead.
cheers

I'd say that alot of guys with cruisers are in a different place than you Wayne, most of us are younger with kids we have to look after, divorced with custody issues, work commitments etc etc., i work 2 weekends a month as it is. The good thing about working from home like yourself is that you are the boss and can set your own schedule - not to mention that you don't have to do the daddy daycare thing. Most of us are in the exact opposite situation that you are.

If I am lucky I get 1-2 trucks from our club to go out on the 2-3 runs I do a year here - and that is a good turn out. Might be worse than Alberta but that's the way it is.

Hang in there and something will materialize.

Louis

i will agree with most of what you say except this: "The good thing about working from home like yourself is that you are the boss"
my "boss" changes with every customer i get. they pay my bills so they are the boss (well kind of) so if you get a good customer then you have a good boss, if you get a goof by accident then the job can be hell.

i do set my own hours, sort of.

even when i did have a mortgage, kids, witch and worked for a company i always made time to go wheeling in Alberta. i took the kids with me on the runs till they got old enough to decide not to. i would not work weekends since that was "my/family time" ... i have found that many today take on more than they can really deal with and end up working more than they really need to. they acquire "stuff" and the more stuff one acquires, the more time is consumed.

it really comes down to what makes a person happy, if having lots of material possessions and stress is their bag then ... well ... who am i to judge?

when you work for someone else, you have a regular paycheck, regular hours, one boss and a budget you can work with. it can be quite refreshing not to worry about money coming in. this can reduce stress in the family as well, no worries about the credit cards getting near the limit, if you will have money to pay for the mortgage or heat or food (unless you are one of those that live paycheck to paycheck and rack up the cards on a fixed income, in which case i feel sorry for you). you know you will be home for the family each night, weekend or holidays (there is another benefit to being employed by someone else, i don't get paid holidays), you can plan to do something 2 months from now (self employed can't, they have to make pans spur of the moment)

when you work for yourself you always are concerned about where the money is coming from, whether you will have work next month, year or if you are going to have to find a "real job".

but at this stage in my life, i like the self employed venue. i don't worry about things, i keep my life very simple and try hard not to fall into the "material acquisition tread mill" that i used to be part of.

the less you own, the less to repair, the less to maintain, the less to worry about and the less for someone to steal.

so there is my theory on life in general... damn, am i ever starting to feel old when reading this over.

true true on both ends fellas. gotta find that balance point in between! i'm trying to brew something up in october (i have one weekend free only! doh!) so we'll see. (yesterday was my only free weekend, and i shoulda gone wheelin somewhere, but had to shop for the next baby seat!)

btw, Dave, if you're listenin, how bout we take a stab at the ardbeg run again? say october 10th weekend? ;)

well, it's a smallish crew indeed, but all great guys for sure! my buddy has a nissan and he's joined a local nissan forum/club, i've joined too cuz they have runs too and are "other vehicle" friendly...guess it'll hopefully give me more options to go for a run, and have a buddy(newb to 4wheelin) to go with too, and find more trails! more importantly, b/c schedules are tight, i'm just tryin find other closer runs that can be done in a day (or at least head up friday night, wheel saturday, come home that night) trips like calabogie, well, i'm just fortunate i'm able to swing once in a while, definitely can't wait till the next time we'r back on quinn lake trail. realistically, if we can get most of the crew out to at least one of 3 big runs, say spring(say ardbeg), then mid summer(say calabogie/joint ottawa crew), and a fall run (anywhere), then i think that's not too too bad for our local club. that's just the reality of it i guess...

sa'll good, im' sure we'll all converge in the woods out there again!

That sucks I was really looking forward to some wheeling. =[ I had a Co-Pilot all lined up too he will be disappointed.

I hope we can make it out for a run sometime in October or November.

I would of been happy to go with just 2 trucks and I thought Moose might come also.

i have no problem with 2 or 3 trucks... it is just nice to get out.

i might end up shipping the truck if so then we can still hook up, i will let you know as far in advance as i can.

cheers (sorry if i offended anyone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom