Run for the hills? Or it's mostly in my head... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAB

Threads
As the seemingly endless search for a BJ40 continues, I've come across a BJ41 that's in great shape with the exception of the rear sill, floor, and rear quarters.

From the outside she is dead straight. Solid frame, all metal body panels(I put a magnet to every square inch of her) test drove great, etc. etc.

That said, I am a bit concerned about the areas in the pictures. Clearly the rear tub has been cut and repairs have been made..or.."attempted". Each area on the underside has a hole being covered by those square patches on the left and right of the rear sill.It's obviously not pretty, but would it turn you away from an otherwise solid rig? Can anyone put a ball park estimate on what it cost to have this corrected properly?

Thanks in advance!

0521171852b.jpg

0521171851.jpg

0521171851a.jpg

0521171852.jpg

0521171852a.jpg

No need to run. But do decide whether it is cost effective to fix or buy something better up front. It is likely to enter the +2k range quicker than not unless you can do it yourself. There will likely be more than you see now once you get started on it. That said you aren't likely to find a 40 year old without a few wrinkles. These aren't cheap but they are easy to fix. Time consuming and expensive but not difficult.

atleast it is metal, not fiberglass or spray foam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom