Rumor: Bestop discontinuing the Softop for LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an STC softop and was going to get some soft doors this year, but STC went out of business. So I called Bestop to see if thier doors will fit with my STC top:
Me: "I was wondering if your 2 piece soft doors for the Toyota FJ-40 will work with my other brand (you can guess which one) soft top?"
Bestop CS: "Let me see...oh, we are discontinuing the softop for the Landcruiser..."
Me: "Wait, what? The Tigertop?"
Bestop CS: "Yes."
Me: "Ok, but will the doors work?"
Bestop CS: "No, they will not."
Me: "Ok, thanks."

So I didn't ask about the "Supertop", but has anyone else heard this rumor?

I'm wondering what it would be about the Bestop doors that would cause them not to work with an STC top?

Sure, they may not line up perfectly shape wise with the soft top but then again most soft tops don't line up all that well anyway.

Where at in Colorado are you? Maybe someone in the Rising Sun Club (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/) lives close by that has the Bestop 2pc doors that you could 'try' to see how things line up.

I'd help but I've got the STC top w/ 2pc doors...That reminds me...Someday I've got to get the top and doors out of there boxes and actually install them :)

Maybe I should hold on to them as collectors items...

No OEM tops

At this time no one is making a replacement top for those of us with OEM BOWs.
I know that the PAKI top is out but it is diff. than the STC with respect to materials used.

Hi All:

Actually, the Bestop doors probably will work with the STC version of the FastTrac soft top.

I have a old (1998 production) Kayline-made FastTrac soft top that I use with an even older pair of Bestop soft doors. Sure the Bestop doors don't perfect, but they work O.K.

Of course, YMMV! :D

Regards,

Alan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have an STC softop and was going to get some soft doors this year, but STC went out of business. So I called Bestop to see if thier doors will fit with my STC top:
Me: "I was wondering if your 2 piece soft doors for the Toyota FJ-40 will work with my other brand (you can guess which one) soft top?"
Bestop CS: "Let me see...oh, we are discontinuing the softop for the Landcruiser..."
Me: "Wait, what? The Tigertop?"
Bestop CS: "Yes."
Me: "Ok, but will the doors work?"
Bestop CS: "No, they will not."
Me: "Ok, thanks."

So I didn't ask about the "Supertop", but has anyone else heard this rumor?

I'm wondering what it would be about the Bestop doors that would cause them not to work with an STC top?

Sure, they may not line up perfectly shape wise with the soft top but then again most soft tops don't line up all that well anyway.

Where at in Colorado are you? Maybe someone in the Rising Sun Club (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/) lives close by that has the Bestop 2pc doors that you could 'try' to see how things line up.

Well, c'mon now, the Bestop Supertop says it works with the hard doors or soft doors. I use the STC softop with the hard doors and the hard doors barely cover the sides of the soft top. How different could the Bestop doors be? The bottom part of the doors has to follow the contours of the body.

I live in Arvada, I keep meaning to get down to the club meeting...:frown:

Well, c'mon now, the Bestop Supertop says it works with the hard doors or soft doors. I use the STC softop with the hard doors and the hard doors barely cover the sides of the soft top. How different could the Bestop doors be? The bottom part of the doors has to follow the contours of the body.

I live in Arvada, I keep meaning to get down to the club meeting...:frown:

You should come on down :)

Don't show up in May though 'cuz there isn't a meeting...Everyone (well most everyone) will be in Moab for Cruise Moab '07 :D

Throw up a post on the Rising Sun forum re: the issue to see who might have some Bestop 2pc doors that they could bring to the June meeting to see how they fit...or if they are close the could possibly meet up with you before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom