rumbling sound while braking at low speeds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im new to my 96, only driven it about 100 miles since giving it a new home. Brakes and braking systems have never been my forte.

at low speeds, about 20 or so to complete stop, there is a rumbling sound coming from the front end while braking (not a vibration, just a sound) Either cannot be heard, or isn't happening at highway speeds.

the action of the braking seems fine, and the pedal resistance feels right.

My only guess is, maybe its the ABS actuator kicking in? is it normal? or does this description sound like a problem, or the beginings of a problem that I couldn't find in the archives. thanks in advance for all input.

:beer:

ok. after lots of searching and research, im certain its the ABS kickin in at low speeds and stopping. So tomorrow I will clean the sensors as described in other threads.

Anyone want to chime in with long term results after experiencing this, and cleaning their sensors? mine has 130k and the service records only show that one (rear left) sensor was ever replaced :eek:

I had a similar problem. In addition to the ABS actuation, my ABS warning light would come on, then clear when I turned the ignition off. I cleaned the sensors, but it did not solve the problem immeditely. Eventually, the problem went away and hasn't returned. Guess I got lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom