Events/Trails Rug Road 2020 - November 7&8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's the plan for the Rug Road Run. Those who want to camp on Friday, can do so at any of the spots along Copper Creek Road. I believe a number of folks have done that in years past. The run will officially start at 9:00am Saturday morning at the Rug Road turn off from Copper Creek Road.

9:00am be here: 32°45'01.8"N 110°31'05.3"W

9:15am roll out.

Lunch here: 32°48'34.6"N 110°30'16.6"W

Camp here: 32°52'44.6"N 110°26'08.3"W

For those of you who are joining for camping only, you can get there as shown below. Please drop a line here and let me know if you are running the track with us, and I will know to look for you.

Trail conditions are rough as usual, with a not stock friendly rating. I rank it a 6/10, with 1 being 2WD dirt road and 10 being body damage knar-fest. Lift and 33's will get you through pretty easy. Less rig with more care is good as well.

1603219449381.png

1603219461366.png

Comms will be 2m on 146.460MHz. Everyone is on their own for grub, unless a potluck or happy hour is in order. I myself will be happy to contribute to a 5:00 social hour at camp. Looking forward to it.

Jason 501-772-6109

I have an added element for the run this year. I was able to work with Erick Miller of Conquered Trailz and get a run of custom decals made for the run. He did not previously have one for Rug Road, so I sent him the GPX and the CSC Logo to have this one created. I will have 30 of them at a cost of $4 each. That is what it cost me to get, so I am not profiting on the deal. Just thought it would be a cool thing to have. If $4 is too much, let me know and I can eat a bit for the sake of the run.

1603409883725.png

I have an added element for the run this year. I was able to work with Erick Miller of Conquered Trailz and get a run of custom decals made for the run. He did not previously have one for Rug Road, so I sent him the GPX and the CSC Logo to have this one created. I will have 30 of them at a cost of $4 each. That is what it cost me to get, so I am not profiting on the deal. Just thought it would be a cool thing to have. If $4 is too much, let me know and I can eat a bit for the sake of the run.

View attachment 2473379
Awesome!! I will take one and if there is any extra left, I will take a second. See you at the campsite.

I'm TBD on running the trail this time, may show up just for camping or maybe not at all, unsure yet, but I'll take a sticker or two for sure either way.

I also am a TBD on this run, especially now if I can earn/purchase a sticker ;) Would at least like to camp though. I'll let you know.

I'm a maybe. This trip would double the mileage I've put on my 80 since getting it in April. So, it sounds perfect!

Would it be possible to do this as a day trip? Maybe with an easy/fast way out?
The trail ends at the campsite and we usually arrive at around 3-4pm and it's about 2-3 hours drive back to Phoenix. You can do it as a daytrip but it's a long day.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to do this as a day trip? Maybe with an easy/fast way out?
When last I took a group through here as a day trip, it was an 11 hour day.

The trail ends at the campsite and we usually arrive at around 3-4pm and it's about 2-3 hours drive back to Phoenix. You can do it as a daytrip but it's a long day.
When last I took a group through here as a day trip, it was an 11 hour day.
That sounds like a pretty long day. I'll see what I can get put together in terms of camping before then.

I got Saturday off work to run this, but Sunday has not been approved yet because it is the next pay period! Other than that I’m hoping to make it. I’m thinking I should take my 40 this time to really earn the sticker!

I got Saturday off work to run this, but Sunday has not been approved yet because it is the next pay period! Other than that I’m hoping to make it. I’m thinking I should take my 40 this time to really earn the sticker!
I tailed Red Steve in his 40 and there were some good moments in the stairs at the very end. I say go for it!

Testing out my “cold weather” setup. Supposed to be 34 tonight.

57130BC3-6FF1-46DE-8678-1B61223CFA68.jpeg

Saturday and Sunday approved! Now I don’t have to be sick on Sunday. Planning on driving the 40 and bringing the little griddle.

Saturday and Sunday approved! Now I don’t have to be sick on Sunday. Planning on driving the 40 and bringing the little griddle.
That is great news, Ben. Looking forward to seeing the 40 in action.

Jim and I are headed down to Mammouth on Friday, will camp where we were last year for the first night. I am looking forward to the outing.
@Stepmurr are you attending and what is the latest on campfires? We may need a few propane fire rings if wood fires are not allowed.

Still hoping to make it down there. It will be a long push from Flag on Fri afternoon after work.

As far as wood fires, I love them, but it doesn't really seem safe this year. Propane gets my vote. Supposed to be really windy Fri/Sat as a cold front rolls in. Even if fires are permitted, it may not be the prudent choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom