RUD Snow Chains... where can I buy some? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to purchase a set of RUD snow chains. Does anyone know any vendors that sells them? Thanks!

I bought mine through Bill Burke's $-Wheeling America.

But he doesn't list them in his products page anymore.

It looks like they were drop shipped from

Rud-Chain Inc
1755 E Prater Way
Sparks, NV 89434
(775) 356-0842

Edit : what Spressoman said. :)

Check out this photo from the RUD website.

100gl_pkw2.jpg

Is that a 200 on 22" wheels ?

Bill no longer sells Rud chains. Rud started requiring sellers to stock product and Bill doesn't exactly have a rolling storefront/warehouse.

In addition to winchline.com, Viking Offroad sells them for ~$90/pair but they're about $5/pr cheaper here at Brinkman Systems in Nevada. Good reports on another site of fast service from them.

And RUD didn't offer 35" sizes so I ended up getting my last couple sets of tire chains for my '99 and also my KK trailer at Les Schwab. Identical chains as the RUD but local service.

The year prior I managed to break one of the connectors on my Les Schwab chains on our club snow run (I can't imagine how that happened :rolleyes:). I took them in and they swapped me for a brand new set!!!

I think those are one of the types of RUD chains that have a centre rim piece: RUD - RUDmatic Hybrid

Cool truck in an awesome spot though! (Assuming it actually drove there ;))

Some interesting "chain" technology for sure.

Anybody seen any good reviews of the various setups.

Awesome! Thanks everyone!

I always recommend a second set of the rubber bands if you can get them. Use 2 per tire and the chains will stay on now matter how loose you get with them.

That is of course why when you buy chains to make sure everything is in there. People take the bands out of another set to make sure they get the second set.

I think those are one of the types of RUD chains that have a centre rim piece: RUD - RUDmatic Hybrid

Cool truck in an awesome spot though! (Assuming it actually drove there ;))
Yes, but on the pic, it's not the truck's wheels
Too big, too close to the fender and no width.
Also, you can see the inner face, under the truck, wich is pretty weird in these circonstances.
even the perspective is not good.
Still a nice place ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom