Ruby Thaw 2017 Feb 17th-20th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wanted to say thanks and great job to the organizers. Really well done, two good full days of trail, lots of laughs, couple breakdowns and a superb time. Look forward to next year when I can help out again.

Trail was a bit tight in places...

Shaker stuck 1.jpg

Shaker stuck 2.jpg

Do you need glass now, to see the tree? Looks like a great trip. Maybe next year, if the stars align
and God doesn't get in my way again.

Huge thanks to Oil Country Cruisers for hosting, Tyler specifically for your leadership through the weekend, Charla for the personalized Yeti Swag, Jenn for making the Chili, and I just know there are a cast of supporting characters who helped out. I know what it takes to put on an event, and want you all to know that I appreciate you making it happen, and I am very pleased to be able to participate and support. (Plus, I really like how us RMLCA'ers usually take home most of the best raffle prizes... that definitely helps!)

Bubba Rope Baby!!

You guys never caught up with me... Here is a screenshot of my speedo app

The coolest rig there was also the fastest!!

IMG_7004.PNG

IMG_5987.JPG
IMG_5988.JPG
Dug into troopy repairs this evening. He now has 4 brakes and a new fire proof electrical solenoid. Ok I doubt its fire proof but still....

Dug into troopy repairs this evening. He now has 4 brakes and a new fire proof electrical solenoid. Ok I doubt its fire proof but still....[/QUOTE]

That liquid electrical tape actually works wonders to make things shockproof. Better then cooking another one off

Remember that driveshaft I was complaining about on the trip... Double Cardan was fully worn out! That centering ball is supposed to be round!

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

Yuk. Any luck with parts?

I have a spare double cardan drive shaft in my container of many Land Cruiser parts. I Began mixing and matching parts for a new shaft today. Seems the short drive shaft fits on my lathe! Compare the old ball to the new one!

IMG_0246.JPG

50983873428__12860A04-3DAA-4C8C-98FC-16D637D5D6BC.JPG

It was another great OCC event. Great days on the trail with scenery, obstacles and carnage. Swag bags were sweet! Thanks to all involved in planning and executing Rubythaw 2017! Of course, thanks to all attendees as well. It wouldn't be the same without you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom