Ruby Thaw 2017 Feb 17th-20th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone heard any snow reports out there?

I'll be ready to leave anytime Friday. Char finished work around 5 or so. We could be leaving anytime after that if I planned ahead..

That's my plan, have the car packed the day before at the copilots house then take off from there at around 5-5:30

whats the edmonton convoy route looking like? I may have to pick up my 2 passengers in around red deer and i have to pull over rather often to refill as my rig is a dirty alcoholic meth monster, shouldnt need much on the highway but with a small tank you never know

I'm planning to leave around 4, so I'll be ready around 5:30, lol.

Anybody taking a car hauler this year? :p You know, just in case.

Last edited:
I may do just that. As if I bring it I'll never need it. :)

Anybody taking a car hauler this year? :p You know, just in case.

I am bringing Xerxes with Marge the Cruiser Barge to Haul Shaker and Walt to Nordegg from Calgary. So, there will be a trailer there, yes.

Anyone heard any snow reports out there?

Dunno 'bout snow but I do know the Nordegg 7 Day Forecast is a goddamned lie.

As of Monday, Feb 13...

Sat, 18 Feb A mix of sun and cloud. High zero.
Night Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 9.
Sun, 19 Feb Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. High minus 1.​

Dunno 'bout snow but I do know the Nordegg 7 Day Forecast is a goddamned lie.

As of Monday, Feb 13...

Sat, 18 Feb A mix of sun and cloud. High zero.
Night Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 9.
Sun, 19 Feb Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. High minus 1.​

yeah, Nordegg is pretty unpredictable imo.

Sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, calm, windy, we're going to have lots and lots of weather!

IMG_3237.JPG
Edmonton departure schedule/convoy?

Talked to Tyler and if it works for everybody , we can leave from our farm. Located South of Spruce Grove on Hwy 627 it makes for a pretty easy escape and if need be some last minute scramble maintainence. I should be there for 4:30 and leave when the last few arrive. I'm guessing 6?Address above. Post up if that works.

Sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, calm, windy, we're going to have lots and lots of weather!

You mean to say there might be climate change?

View attachment 1402664

Talked to Tyler and if it works for everybody , we can leave from our farm. Located South of Spruce Grove on Hwy 627 it makes for a pretty easy escape and if need be some last minute scramble maintainence. I should be there for 4:30 and leave when the last few arrive. I'm guessing 6?Address above. Post up if that works.

that should work boys...

You mean to say there might be climate change?

Just Alberta as I've known it for the last 3 decades, lol.

View attachment 1402664

Sounds like a solid plan.

Douche

Bahahaha
I just couldn't do another Ruby trip right now. Hoping to do some exploring to the south before the creeks thaw. Although that might happen sooner than expected at this rate...

Bahahaha
I just couldn't do another Ruby trip right now. Hoping to do some exploring to the south before the creeks thaw. Although that might happen sooner than expected at this rate...

oh mr. Eric birk you could have always been a copilot for someone; at least if you don't show up, Terry won't clean up at the raffle, here's to hoping.

I made the choice not to go to force myself to go explore elsewhere at a later date. I love Ruby but it seems its the only trip I make it on...

That and now Im messing with suspension stuff. I should probably just drive the damn thing haha

The coolest truck is second in line, just sayin

IMG_6920.JPG
IMG_6926.JPG
IMG_6947.JPG
IMG_6959.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom