Rubithon moved (1 Viewer)

workingdog

GOLD Star
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
2,893
Location
Santa Rosa, CA
I just got an email from Woody, and I'm guess he's coming here soon, but since I was here ...

They've moved Rubithon from June to August 24-28.

Something about some snow or something.
 
Joined
May 16, 2021
Messages
31
Location
Rubicon Trail
Website
www.rubithon.com
I just got an email from Woody, and I'm guess he's coming here soon, but since I was here ...

They've moved Rubithon from June to August 24-28.

Something about some snow or something.
It's funny - The day I make the decision to move the event, it stops snowing for 3 or 4 weeks! Then 2 weeks ago everyone is posting pictures on the trail from Loon to Buck (no problem!), and I'm feeling kinda dumb about the decision.
Cut to this past week, and we get 1 to 3 ft of snow! Now I'm freaking Carnac (sorry Gen Z you may not get that).

Now, flip it back to not moving the date. Right about now I would be freaking out due to the late snow, trying to figure out if we can reschedule.

Trust me, I wasn't sure if this was the best plan, but right about now I'm feeling good bout the decision.
 
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
3,352
Location
here
Well now that you offered the Carnac thing I suppose a white Turbin and an envelope are in order.
 

workingdog

GOLD Star
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
2,893
Location
Santa Rosa, CA
What is the word on getting in an out via Cadillac right now?
 
Joined
May 16, 2021
Messages
31
Location
Rubicon Trail
Website
www.rubithon.com
What is the word on getting in an out via Cadillac right now?
As of today, there was new snow, and drifts up to 6' (?). I don't know of anyone that made it out past Observation. Somebody went this weekend, and said they got about 70 yards (?) and turned around. it's very wet between the Springs and the base of Cadillac. The pictures showed standing water at the caretaker cabin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom