Rubithon 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK anybody that is attending Rubithon this year, and will be entering via Loon Lake, on Wed Morning, and would like to tag along.

I will be leading the "Solid Axle Run", if you do tag along, PLEASE sign up on the Rubithon Web Site for that run. (Wed Morning 07:30, Ross thinks I am a morning person)

As it stands right now it is just myself, and two registered vehicles. If more sign ups fill this run, then I can have a Committee Member or two, depending on number of vehicles in the run. If you would like to help out and Committee if needed, please let me know as a stand by option at this time.

I am really looking for, lets say for lack of better term, Pre-Volunteers just in case I need one or two.

Thanks, and see you all at Fun Day

Come awnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Guys ??????
Tim , John , and who ever ? We will be going in on the Tahoe side Thursday ,or Wednesday ?????
Let us Know ,WHATS UP

Last edited:
Thinking about this run in my 80 series. It’s on 35s with F/R lockers and armor. This would be my first time to the Rubicon. Is this the right group to sign up with since the wagon run is full? I don’t want to be the newbie who slows down everyone at every rock. Looking for help deciding on whether I should sign up.

PM Dreamin , This is his tread , Your rig should be OK , might get some light body damage , Knorr boys are going in from Tahoe side , easy wheelin down to the springs , on Thursday and out Sunday , You can roll with us ? But you should try to run with Mike ( Dreamin ) to do the entire trail ,you will love it !
Check out PMC swap meet in early July ,

Although, not technically a second wagon run, I would not turn you away if you showed up in one, provided it is trail ready. As for being a newbie, if you can listen to, and follow basic instructions, that should not be an issue. I feel that I am a decent leader/teacher, and by the time we get into the springs, you should be running most the trail without any help, other than a little spot here and there.

As for how this run will go. We will be meeting around 6:45 ish, at the base of the second damn at loon lake, basically end of pavement. We will do a quick inspection of all vehicles, a quick drivers meeting, and off on the trail right about 7:30 am. Following a relaxing pace, but not all in 1st gear, we will make our way into the springs. Depending on the people, trail, and any mishaps we might have it should take anywhere from 5-9 hours on the trail.

Bring lots of spare parts, water, and patience for your fellow wheelers, none of us wheel at the same level, and we all had to start fresh at some point. As long as we all make it into the Springs safely, and having fun along the way, it will be a good day.

PM Dreamin , This is his tread , Your rig should be OK , might get some light body damage , Knorr boys are going in from Tahoe side , easy wheelin down to the springs , on Thursday and out Sunday , You can roll with us ? But you should try to run with Mike ( Dreamin ) to do the entire trail ,you will love it !
Check out PMC swap meet in early July ,
I just signed up to run with Dreamin from Loon Lake. So looking forward to this.

Although, not technically a second wagon run, I would not turn you away if you showed up in one, provided it is trail ready. As for being a newbie, if you can listen to, and follow basic instructions, that should not be an issue. I feel that I am a decent leader/teacher, and by the time we get into the springs, you should be running most the trail without any help, other than a little spot here and there.

As for how this run will go. We will be meeting around 6:45 ish, at the base of the second damn at loon lake, basically end of pavement. We will do a quick inspection of all vehicles, a quick drivers meeting, and off on the trail right about 7:30 am. Following a relaxing pace, but not all in 1st gear, we will make our way into the springs. Depending on the people, trail, and any mishaps we might have it should take anywhere from 5-9 hours on the trail.

Bring lots of spare parts, water, and patience for your fellow wheelers, none of us wheel at the same level, and we all had to start fresh at some point. As long as we all make it into the Springs safely, and having fun along the way, it will be a good day.
I signed up for this run and planned to be there the night before. I think I can follow basic instructions and definitely not shy about asking for help either! I’m not sure what spares to bring for a ‘93 80 series. It’s old but it’s been well maintained, armored, and loved! It recently got some new gears and ARB lockers. I’ll bring the usual fluids, fuses, hose and wires. Driveline parts are the unknown. I have never wheeled hard enough to figure out the weak points. Any suggestions?

Only you know your rig well enough to know what little quirks it has. But generally, I carry, 2 birfields, 1 short front axle, 1 spare third member (ready to go in), then I add in standard electrical parts, grease, gear oil, full set of tools, and any special items, like for me I use a mallory electronic ignition, but it has very sensitive optics in it, so I carry two extra optics just to be safe. With ARB's spare air lines, connections, and clamps are almost a must carry, never know when you might pinch or tear a hose.

Basically, a little common sense, with the familiarity of your rig, and a little thought, you should be able to cover everything you might need. Just remember, it is a long hike out to get parts if you do not have them.

See you on the trail

I just signed up to run with Dreamin from Loon Lake. So looking forward to this.
Just take it slow , If you get stuck ,back up and take another line , Do Not BOMB though , You will do great , Landcruisers are amazing 4x4 s ... See u at the springs

OK I am going to do a very rare thing for me.

As PMC president, and Solid Axle Run lead, I am claiming rank, and going to acquire our chat #2 Ham Channel for this run.

If you have a Ham Radio, on the Solid Axle Run, and are not familiar with the frequency, pl's, and offset for this channel. Please contact myself, or John Evans (aka: Peesalot)

John might be a little more Ham Savvy, but I can probably still help a little bit anyway.

If chat 2 is the PMC chat that Andy programmed in then I got it, if it's not then I'll be adding that specific channel as well. I 'll have to look at the radio to get the #'s for the channel, post up if you know the #'s for chat 2 please.

If chat 2 is the PMC chat that Andy programmed in then I got it, if it's not then I'll be adding that specific channel as well. I 'll have to look at the radio to get the #'s for the channel, post up if you know the #'s for chat 2 please.
John let me know what that channel number is also, for some reason none of my radios have it.
Thanks John see ya up there- Tim

Wait Tim , when are you going to the springs ??????
Hope to see you at the swap meet , ?????????

Finally someone finds a frequency instead of just a name lol. Thanks John. That helps a bunch!
would tha5 be chat one or two?

Don't know it by name but thats the channel that I talk with all the guys on at camp & on trail, I use channel mode and have the chat & the Rubi rptr channel and I toggle from A to B to monitor either the PMC chat or the Rubi rptr channel which has more traffic as it is used by everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom