Rubithon 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So is there a contact phone number or contact person we can ask if the trail will be open any sooner or earlier Friday. Also will it be open late Friday for sure just a question that I have

So is there a contact phone number or contact person we can ask if the trail will be open any sooner or earlier Friday. Also will it be open late Friday for sure just a question that I have
I don't know if anyone really can say for sure that they will be done by Friday, but that is the plan. The only person I know that will be up there that would have a cell signal would be Tony Twiddy, as he is supposed to come in Friday night.

Doug Barr is the one that has been publishing most of the logistics information, so I would suggest checking with him. dougbarr at charter dot net

Is the committee now going in with supply's on the loon side because of the closure. If so what day? I'm going in Tuesday straight through and could help.

Tim

Is the committee now going in with supply's on the loon side because of the closure. If so what day? I'm going in Tuesday straight through and could help.

Tim
Hi Tim

Eric and I are still planning on coming in from Tahoe on Tuesday, will just take Barker Pass. The Mog Crew is coming in Wednesday, also using Barker Pass. We can certainly use help in Camp.

Thanks!

Ross

Any idea on how long time wise it is to pick up the trail going that way. I might go that way also. That's new to me.

Tim
No, not really. I think it's about 7 miles extra, but the road is much smoother, as opposed to the rocky sections that will shake your fillings loose in that last mile or two before Tahoma Staging.

Here are a few Pictures from Rubithon
Ross was inducted into the TLCA Hall of Fame. Congratulations to Ross.
Breakage from the group I went in and out with was kept to a minimum. We ran the trail in from Loon to the springs and then back out to Loon Lake.
Broken Lift block, Broken leaf spring (not the same one as the one with the broken lift block), another broke a front drive shaft u joint and a tie rod end.
There were many at Rubithon that broke much harder.

2021-06-24 11.17.15.jpg

2021-06-24 11.19.22.jpg

2021-06-24 11.19.56.jpg

2021-06-24 11.43.46.jpg

2021-06-24 11.54.42.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom