Rubithon 2021 Aug 24-28 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
backcountryadventuretime.com
Just saw the registration is open. Would be cool to have a group head down. I’d like to go. I’ll post more details when I’m not busy at work

I’m doing the wagon run the Wednesday run not the Monday run last year we did the Monday run and you end up sitting up at loon Lake camping for two days it’s pretty much a waste of time at least Doris it was

I am taking the 40 but it'll be another year or two... I'd like to get a group from 406 to head out one year.

You guys should scout it out for us this year! Sounds like an epic trip and it is certainly one of Americas best trails.

wagon run is the 80 crowd right? I think that's the one that @JohnnyOshow22 usually runs with
Yes it’s mostly Fj80’s but I took my 60 last year Steve Pryor who runs the event has a 60 The staff doctor has a 60 and there was two or three other 62s but they are open to pretty much anything they call it the wagon run The other group leader had an FJ 40 all the vehicles in general need to be pretty capable vehicles the trail is extremely tough. The wagon run sells out quickly so you might be too late already as far as the other runs they’re all great it’s a matter of just reading the details and deciding which one do you want to do

This year there is two "wagon runs". One being the Pryor's (Steve's) wagon run which typically leaves Loon Lake on Wednesday but is now headed out Monday to buck island lake, have a layover tuesday and then I believe leave buck island lake on wednesday and arrive at the springs on wednesday. he's doing this so that more of the trail can be done with less traffic and typical places that would be bypassed can be conquered . The second will be the more traditional wagon run being taken over by Jeff Greenwood leaving loon lake on wednesday and arriving in the springs on Thursday. Typically the wagon run is for slower moving larger rigs like 55's, 60's, 80's... but anyone can go on the run, it's layed back and for noobs to the trail.

I am bummed that yet again for another year I will not be making it.

@REZARF, scouting has been done lol, get a group leave here on a Sunday, Start the trail from loon on Tuesday morning before the traffic gets bad on wednesday, everyone can try the obstacles they want on the way to buck island lake like soup bowl or little sluice, real hardcore people could take the old sluice trail and then meet at buck. Have a layover Wednesday at buck. Thursday wake up early early and beat the wagon run out of camp, wheel past the springs and go camp on the slabs north of the springs on the Rubicon river. Enjoy two days of partying at Rubicon springs. Wake up early Sunday and get up cadilac hill, grab lunch in tahoe and then jet for MT, be back at work Tuesday

For anyone interested here is the thread for Jeff's run 2022 Rubithon Wagon Run - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2022-rubithon-wagon-run.1280064/

Last edited:
I’m doing the wagon run the Wednesday run not the Monday run last year we did the Monday run and you end up sitting up at loon Lake camping for two days it’s pretty much a waste of time at least Doris it was
What was the monday run last year? I know preruns happen but I didn't think any official runs happen until wednedsay

well im signed up for the wagon run. any chance i can get on your dads run johnny? said invite only so for now im on the second one

What was the monday run last year? I know preruns happen but I didn't think any official runs happen until wednedsay
So, the deal is, the official Rubithon dates are Wednesday - Sunday. HOWEVER, many people will go in early on Monday. Some leave from Loon and stay at Buck, other leave from Tahoma, run the trail backwards, and then meet the official run at Loon.

@wyolands There weren't any runs last year on Monday. Last year Steve had 24 rigs, and the first day went 12 -15 hours. No fun. Steve proposed a Monday entry, and we added it on as a restricted run. Camping at Buck for 2 days isn't for everybody. Personally, I like to set up camp and be done.
See everyone up there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom