Rubithon 2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This trip report is a little late but hey I have pictures to show.

I went to Rubithon with Uncle Ben's renegade run on June 18th - June 23rd. We had a great time! Getting there is a long haul but you just have to put the Rubicon trail on your 4x4 bucket list.

I headed out on Friday June 14th after work so I could take my time getting there. We stopped at the Bonneville Salt Flats. It took all I could do to not unload the cruiser and head out across the flats. I needed to get back on the hwy or else I would have pictures of the cruiser on the salt.

IMAG1466.jpg

bonneville.jpg

salt.jpg

The girls and I spent a couple of days in South Lake Tahoe before we met up with the group.

Tahoe.jpg

Tahoe_shore.jpg

camp_Tahoe.jpg

We had five rigs in the group. Uncle Ben's thingamabob was the odd rig out so the girls made his rig an honorary FJ60. There that's better now we are all in wagons.

trail_start.jpg

girls_Tahoe.jpg

fj60.JPG

Eric's rig was put together from some pieces. The body is FJ60 but the rest is an FJ80. Its called Lego.

Lego1.JPG

lego2.JPG

old_sluce.jpg

olds.jpg We stayed at Buck Island the first night. Plenty of rocks to play on the first day.

old_sluce.jpg

olds.jpg

This is called Old Sluce I believe.

olds1.JPG

olds2.JPG

Pretty Penny wanted her belly rubbed so she lifted one wheel up in the air to make it easy to scratch her belly.

ppolds2.jpg

ppolds3.jpg

We had two minor incidents on the first day. I blew a bead and we flopped a wagon.

IMGP6193.jpg

IMGP6195.jpg

IMGP6199.jpg

On the second day we made it to Rubicon Springs. We did stop for a couple of hours to help a one chevy put his rear axle back under his truck.

See if you can see the eagle in the first picture.

Better_Eagle.jpg

Eric.jpg

IMGP6272.JPG

We spent three nights at Rubicon Springs. Lots of fun playing in the river.

tents.jpg

waterkids.jpg

Girls_springs.jpg

Rubicon Springs is 7.5 miles in on the trail. It's where the Rubithon breakfast, dinner, Maurder bar, wine tasting and raffel happens.

girls_raffel.jpg

raffel.jpg

Sunday morning we headed up Cadillac hill and headed for home.

wall.jpg

observation.jpg

lookback.jpg

A couple of pictures to add.

In the first picture we were eating lunch at the end of the trail and Katarina was in the cruiser. She screamed something and we all looked at each other and said what did she say? I said it sounded like she said I have a frog in my hair. Now I know we all needed showers by this time but come on a frog in her hair... Sure enough a tree frog had hitched a ride some where along the trail and climbed into her hair as she as sleeping in the cruiser. That was a perfect ending to the trail...well for us it was, for Katarina she could have ended the trip without the frog in her hair.

frog.jpg

IMGP6343.jpg

sunset_tahoe.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome trip report and pics, thanks for posting Chuck.

I have to say though... you are the only one I know that would describe laying a rig on its side as "a minor incident" :lol:

Last edited:
Looks like an awesome time! Always wished I had a rig capable of doing the trail when I lived out there. There are some amazing areas around Tahoe and up in the Sierra Nevada. Glad it all went well.

One of the FJ60's in the group was on a 2" lift and 33's and only a rear locker. All the wagons in the group had some body damage.

I saw lots of awesome looking FJ40's. I heard they had 260 registered rigs at this years event.

A guy from Canada was there in a stock FJ45 with super skinny tires and no power steering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom