rubicon trail???????????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has any one done it my friend mentioned it to me today maybe going in a couple of months. if any one has any tips so wecan start prepping for it that would help. what about bears how dangerous is it ?. whats the minimum reconmendations for the rigs???????????? any imput will help. thanks

I have done it with 33"s/4.88s and a single rear lockrite and allen diff drain bolts with 1" body lift with a stock transfer case and ifs (idler arm brace/low profile bumpstop/sway bar disconnect/rear brace). I scraped my sliders and budbuilt cross member and front and rear bumpers but had no breakage. To make it easier a crawler t-case is at the top of my list followed by a SAS and at least 35" tires.

That's a loaded question... too many variable... How much body damage is acceptable? :D If you're armored, geared, and locked, I bet you could do it on 28 inch tires... Whatever shape your truck is in now, if it's not locked, I'd do that first! Then I'd think about lift/armor/bigger tires if body damage is a concern, then I'd think about t-case gears...

I'm gonna send this to the trails section. :cheers:

I'm not worried about bears in that area.

I'd recommend buying a guide book on the trail. Its easy to get confused on your way to loon lake, and also out from observation point (even though its pretty straight forward). I use Guide to Northern California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails It will give you alot of the little detail information.

Also check up on the friends of the Rubicon Page: Rubicon Trail Official Home Page -- Friends of the Rubicon Trail Directory with big trucks and big rigs doing the rubicon trail

I recommend a single locker, sliders, bumpers, skid plates, 33's and a winch. I perfer to add crawler gears, a front locker, and 35-37" tires to that list.

body damage is not a concern anymore my rig and the ones that will go are all pretty much built the same my rig has a detroit ez locker front and rear, 33'' mtr, winch,tube doors pretty soon and a flat bed kit. the other two are 4runners similarly built. well we still got a couplemonths to get ready were in san diego anyone want to come along???????????????
CIMG1788.jpg

body damage is not a concern anymore my rig and the ones that will go are all pretty much built the same my rig has a detroit ez locker front and rear, 33'' mtr, winch,tube doors pretty soon and a flat bed kit. the other two are 4runners similarly built. well we still got a couplemonths to get ready were in san diego anyone want to come along???????????????

If that is your rig, you'll spank the 'con.... Don't worry, go out and enjoy....:cheers:

The only obvious thing missing in the picture is rocker protection.

Yap!
My sliders take a beating when Ive done the Rubicon.

Chicago

Sliders are nice, but the frame on mini trucks is so close to the door, you can get around not hitting them. I have taken my 4runner through the hammers without sliders, and didn't touch the rockers once.

I wouldn't let the lack of sliders stop you from wheeling the con.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom