CANCELED- Rubicon Trail -Sept 7th 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More small tires on the Rubicon, but maybe we have the wrong tires?

life is short, if not now, when?

This is the sentiment that started our club trips out West.

"We ain't getting any younger"

Don't just think about it, make it happen!

So, what’s the schedule? Enter Monday ? Come out Friday ? Where do trailers get parked ? How many days of camping ? How long is the drive from exit to trailer ? Is it better to park trailers at the end, drive to the start then wheel the trail ? I’m all about making this happen, don’t care about exact dates just need to wrap my head around a plan with trailering. I really just want to spot @jonheld and @woytovich .

@Crusha and others, this sounds like an epic trip and would like to be put on a backup/secondary list as I believe you have your committed list full. I'm not 100%, but definitely want to join in on the fun. I would be a driver and shipping a FJ40. If I need to provide an email just let me know.
Thanks

@dubsb and @FJCowboy , this trip is full.

We have more than enough committed rigs already.

If it matters, I won’t be there on your new dates so that would open a spot for someone.

If it matters, I won’t be there on your new dates so that would open a spot for someone.

Andrew, first of all, on behalf of the group, I want to sincerely thank you for all of your insight, and suggestions.
:cheers:

It does stink our new schedule will not synch up with yours, we were looking forward to meeting you.

Even with one rig out, there are still a few participants, from our previous Western trips, that are still trying to make it happen. they have first dibs.

Andrew, first of all, on behalf of the group, I want to sincerely thank you for all of your insight, and suggestions.
:cheers:

It does stink our new schedule will not synch up with yours, we were looking forward to meeting you.

Even with one rig out, there are still a few participants, from our previous Western trips, that are still trying to make it happen. they have first dibs.

I hope you guys have a great time. I'll be in Alaska fishing until the 12th, so unfortunately, it just won't work. I may go up the 14th anyway when I get back. I'm pretty sure the place will be deserted. Labor day week will be the last hurrah for many people so just a few straggler runs expected the next week until Marlin comes through with his group.

@dubsb and @FJCowboy , this trip is full.

We have more than enough committed rigs already.

No worries, I figured that was the case. I will be excited to watch the planning process and ride along virtually. Going to be a great adventure.

The repurchase of TrafficSux’s 1989 62 was completed a few weeks ago. Fireball has officially bought in on his 1/3 share this weekend, so we are all in. We will be shipping for sure. Truck is ready to go, but will still get a check out at OTRAMM soon, and then a few shakedowns runs at the spring/summer wheeling events.

480EA815-136B-4D80-8807-7A8888B70E12.jpeg
0AFB26AE-D23C-4A1E-BA35-6BE3C677F496.jpeg
4A7EB4CC-F411-4A36-9849-BA0E7F9B82D4.jpeg

Brian and I did the Rubithon in 2016 and 2018. It is well worth the trip. Due to snow, the trial does change a bit, year to year. There were sections we did not remember (could be old age), that is how much some change.

Excuse for some pictures:

untitled-0605.jpg
untitled-0795.jpg

It should be an awesome trip.

Mark I'd be shocked if your truck wouldn't make it over the Rubicon without adding additional fuel. It ain't that long of a trail. You cab be filled up right before turning off route 50 to access the entrance of the trail. I can't remember how close you'll be to a gas station once you exit the trail and get onto the road around Lake Tahoe, though.

Take an extra 5 gallons and you should have enough. You use more than you would think. Typically 1-2 mpg.

In my 2F FJ60, I take 10 gallons, which means I finish with 1/2tank, which is enough to drive straight home without a stop. It's 90 miles down hill.

There is a gas station on the road to the Loon Lake campground and entrance to the Rubicon trail. Trail is about 20 miles long.

Which trail entrance is the group going to use, Loon Lake or Wentworth Springs?

I did not need extra gas and neither did Brian both years we ran the trail.

However, we entered at Loon Lake.

So, an extra 5 gal. would not hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom