Rubicon next year? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am all over this one. CM will have to wait until 07!

Rat70Fj said:
Yea Kowboy,
I guess it'd really suck having an event with a whole s***load of hard core cruiser types with none of the rookies on some of the best trails in the country and a whole lot of local support.............

Fxxxing Kowboy wuill set up his tent right in the middle of everything and then bitch at you guys for trying to get warm around his fire too.

Sad being a 7ft tall yetti, but we adopted him and that's that.

Yeah, who gives a s*** if it is 100 rigs! Let to LSLC takes the con.

Now, where can I have my rig shipped to?

:D

Ship it to Reno/Carson. We can get it to the trailhead from there.

Piece of cake ;)

OK, so now that we have realized there is no Small TX trip to the Rubicon, I would suggest you come out for Rubithon 2006, enjoy the formal event which would formally acknowledge and support our TX friends, then after you enjoy the formal event, the CA folks can then spend the next week showing you our best trails in a more informal environment.

In other words, come out for Rubithon and stay for a few more days to get in as much as you can.

And I have already extended the invitation to our Utah friends, which I hope they take me up on too.

Oh, and from our experiences the last couple years, Don't let Rubithon scare you off due to crowds, the reality has been that we have experienced fewer crowds on that trail during Rubithon weekend.

Tony

I would tend to agree with Tony. Run the "official" Rubithon run, Thurs, Fri, Sat, head out Sunday and then let Tony (and a cast of thousands) lead you on some of the less travelled trails.

The weekend before Rubithon might be tough to get as many people, as most everyone's fixin' their rigs prior to. We always head in early on Monday, and run the trail both ways.

Nolen and Kowboy will have the greatest challenges, seeing as how they have no room to pack their gear. But I'm sure we can work a way around that.

Woody
(not that Woody, the other Woody. The one that BBQ's)

woooody said:
Nolen and Kowboy will have the greatest challenges, seeing as how they have no room to pack their gear. But I'm sure we can work a way around that.

Woody
(not that Woody, the other Woody. The one that BBQ's)

Can't speak for my idol Nolen, but my problem on the 'Con ain't campin' gear.
When I was young and foolish I was heavily into backpacking. Still got the gear and that's what I always took on the 'Con when I lived in NV.

My problem is beer. Now that I'm OLD and foolish, I drink alot of beer in three days. I get real grumpy when I run outta beer.

:flamingo:

when kowpie runs outa beer, flamingos get hurt!

KOWBOY said:
My problem is beer. Now that I'm OLD and foolish, I drink alot of beer in three days. I get real grumpy when I run outta beer.

:flamingo:

I understand the problem, Sir and can empathize. Couple ways out, have the Mog transport a prepositioned s***load of Shiner or do a three hour roundtrip to Tahoma from the springs on a major beer run. Cadillac is a fun run without a bunch of rigs in the way. Or maybe even have the Trent fab boys run some in, they're always heading out for some Crane knukles or something anyway. Maybe Tom Wayes' wife will make an emergency run in in her new '79! It's a problem which can be overcome in any event!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom