Rubberized rear cargo area liner - ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Foud this pic of a nice rubberized cargo area liner. Anybody know where to get this? Or is it custom?

thanks,
dave

ba0d_12.JPG

Never mind, I found it on SOR - Tuff Tread. Can anybody who has this liner tell me how you like it? Does it go right over the carpet, or do you pull the old carpet out?

I ripped out the carpet and rolled on some Durabak. I like the change a lot. carpet is good for reducing noise and for sleeping on. But otherwise, I like the no carpet alternative all the way. That Tuff Tread stuff looks really good.
Rear cargo area 2.jpg

One more thing to add to the list. I really like that Tuff Tread liner. Would be great for the dog, and also for throwin muddy hunting, camping, and wheelin gear in the back.

look for a truck bed liner

I lucked into a rubber truck bed liner that the hardware store wanted to get rid of for $20. It was large enough that I could cut it to fit perfectly; a sharp utility knife will work. It is at least 1/4 inch thick and helps quiet things down. I divided it where the back seat folds down so that I can raise the back seat if I want although that is not the way it is most of the time.

I lucked into a rubber truck bed liner that the hardware store wanted to get rid of for $20. It was large enough that I could cut it to fit perfectly; a sharp utility knife will work. It is at least 1/4 inch thick and helps quiet things down. I divided it where the back seat folds down so that I can raise the back seat if I want although that is not the way it is most of the time.

I thought about that when I first got my cruiser, and didn't have much luck finding one for a full size, and compact's aren't wide enough. When I finally did find one, they wanted ridiculous money for it. Great deal on the hardware store buy. If I find a decent deal on one, that would be fine for me in most cases. Though I do like the way the Tuff Tread mat is permanently attached. Or semi-perm anyway.

I have the SOR tuff tread in the back of my cruiser. Love it, keeps heavier stuff in place, so it doesn't slide. Easy to clean if you wanted to. I took off the old carpet, threw it away, nasty stuff. Kept the original pad, and put on the tuff tread. Works pretty well. Great upgrade over the nasy carpet.

-Alex

I have the SOR tuff tread in the back of my cruiser. Love it, keeps heavier stuff in place, so it doesn't slide. Easy to clean if you wanted to. I took off the old carpet, threw it away, nasty stuff. Kept the original pad, and put on the tuff tread. Works pretty well. Great upgrade over the nasy carpet.

-Alex

Alex, whats the joint like between the floor piece and the piece on the back of the seat? Looks like it's two pieces so there would be an open slit there right?

autoanything.com used to carry rear rubber liners for 60 series...bought one from them a couple years ago, but don't remember price.

I have the pvc cargo mat from ccot: http://coolfj40.stores.yahoo.net/pvccarmatfjf.html

I've had it about eight years and it's holding up well.

It looks like the tuff tread mat goes in under the existing metal strips. How does the PVC mat from cool cruisers attach? Same way?

And Kline, could you put the Tuff tread mat on over the carpet, if you wanted. My carpet is still in excellent shape and don't want to remove it, just want to protect it.

It looks like the tuff tread mat goes in under the existing metal strips. How does the PVC mat from cool cruisers attach? Same way?

The pvc mat is under the metal strip at front and rear and not secure along the sides of the cargo area. I put mine over the existing carpet and mat.

I bought mine in 2003 and the rear mat and the seat back were 2 different items. #345-610-bl seat liner-black $54 and #345-600-bl cargo liner $71.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom