Rubber window runs frame lining changing easy installation replacement cheat fix change no window removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried to get all the relevant keywords in there....

I'm sure someone found this before me but I didn't see it mentioned when I searched so figured I would make a thread for the next guy to easily find it as most of the threads and that video on YouTube tells you to take the window out.

Really didn't want to deal with taking the window out so I pushed the ends down as far as I could and reached into the portholes of the door frame with needle nose pliers and pulled them down the rest of the way after rolling the window up to expose them. Really easy and worked out perfect...

Last edited:
Tried to get all the relevant keywords in there....

I'm sure someone found this before me but I didn't see it mentioned when I searched so figured I would make a thread for the next guy.

Really didn't want to deal with taking the window out so I pushed the ends down as far as I could and reached into the portholes of the door frame with needle nose pliers and pulled them down the rest of the way after rolling the window up to expose them. Really easy and worked out perfect...

Too funny. Attempted to tackle this past weekend. I got fresh new rubber for my rear windows and just waved the white flag as I was NOT in the mood to deal with removing the glass.

So I take it you removed the door card. Rolled the window down. Removed the old channel rubber. Yanked it out. Lined up the new rubber up top and sides. And somehow then yanked the rubber in the door all the way down through the door panel holes?

I wish there was a YouTube video showing us exactly how you managed this. Well timed!

Too funny. Attempted to tackle this past weekend. I got fresh new rubber for my rear windows and just waved the white flag as I was NOT in the mood to deal with removing the glass.

So I take it you removed the door card. Rolled the window down. Removed the old channel rubber. Yanked it out. Lined up the new rubber up top and sides. And somehow then yanked the rubber in the door all the way down through the door panel holes?

I wish there was a YouTube video showing us exactly how you managed this. Well timed!

Yessir, really simple doesn't even warrant a YouTube video although this was for the front, didn't need rears but as long as it has the port holes on each side then it should be the same....haven't had rear door cards off nearly as many times as the front to say for sure off the top of my head but I'm assuming it does.

Just stuff it in there as much as you can then roll the window up to expose the rubber inside the door frame and pull it down the rest of the way with a pair of needle nose pliers through the port holes....all set.

Don't forget to make sure the two bolts in the bracket holding the window are nice and tight while you're in there.

^^^This is the same way I did it^^^

IME it helps if the rubber is cool (not laying in the sun as that makes it too soft/floppy). Basically the same as the OP.

No hijack intended, just a few photos in Post #3 for those who need visual aids:

^^^This is the same way I did it^^^

IME it helps if the rubber is cool (not laying in the sun as that makes it too soft/floppy). Basically the same as the OP.

No hijack intended, just a few photos in Post #3 for those who need visual aids:

I really appreciate your attn to detail and documentation effort with the visuals. Thanks Kernal! 👏🏼

The gasket was easy replace IMO, I windex’d it & started the top 2 corners w/ window down, then stuck the lower ends in the tracks & worked back upward.

- once it was 90% good I let the glass rolling up handle seating it all the way in the sides & getting it landed in the upper channel using the window motor.

I am in serious need of doing this to all 4 windows. Any good source for the window rubber guides?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom