rubber mat spare tire mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Very new to the fj40 world,I just bought a 1977 fj40 it needs a front rubber mat and padding.It also needs the latch part of the swing away tire carrier that bolts on with 2 bolts to the swing arm,thanks

First of all we need pictures. Not only because we all love to see pictures of landcruisers, but also because we can see exactly what you have vs what you need. Also these things can sometimes become franken-cruisers so it's good to visualize what you have and what you think you need sometimes. Good luck. Also check out the classifieds section for some of this. I think I saw a latch for the tire carrier up there but don't know for sure because I can't see what you need.

Last edited:
40s never had padding under the floor mats. They're just rubber mats.

Do you mean this?
1677702802867.png

40s never had padding under the floor mats. They're just rubber mats.

Do you mean this?
View attachment 3261614
no it is the lock that mounts onto the left swing away carrier that mounts onto the swing away arm with 2 bolts,and would the padding under the mat be beneficial,thanks for all the help it is on a 1977

Last edited:
Oops, yeah I see the $79 in stock one is earlier. They might have one of the later ones, calling‘s a good idea. John’s @pardion another good possibility.

no it is the lock that mounts onto the left swing away carrier that mounts onto the swing away arm with 2 bolts,and would the padding under the mat be beneficial,thanks for all the help it is on a 1977
padding would be a waste; the mat's meant to be pulled out when you hose out the interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom