Rubber insulator - installing King rear springs 2007 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My mechanic is replacing my rear springs with King Springs and says there is a plastic insulator that is around the bottom of the factory rear springs. He says that it will create noise if he installs the new spring metal on metal and asking if there is an additional part he needs.

Does anyone have any idea on this? I didn't see this mentioned on any of the install threads. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I believe the plastic sleeve (not rubber) around the bottom of the coil is to prevent the factory coil from rubbing on the axle, creating a potential rust issue. I have installed many sets of aftermarket coil without this plastic sleeve with no noise issues. Tell your mechanic to go ahead and install them. I would however reuse the upper rubber isolator.

Soooo when I added my Kings about 4 months back, Paddo suggested that the OEM insulators would probably work with the larger OD of the Kings. I stuck new ones on but recently have noticed some kind of noise at slow speed over bumps. Climbed under the truck and found this. The insulators appear to have worked their way partially off of the bottom coil. Any issue in letting this ride or do I need to figure out a way to remove them?View media item 67111View media item 67110

Soooo when I added my Kings about 4 months back, Paddo suggested that the OEM insulators would probably work with the larger OD of the Kings. I stuck new ones on but recently have noticed some kind of noise at slow speed over bumps. Climbed under the truck and found this. The insulators appear to have worked their way partially off of the bottom coil. Any issue in letting this ride or do I need to figure out a way to remove them?View media item 67111View media item 67110
Can you just reach in there and yank it out?

I haven't tried. Suppose I can't hurt anything though. Not like my "sick gunz" are gonna overpower the compressing force those springs are putting down.

I spoke with Slee and they said that no aftermarket springs have insulators, and they just install without insulators and have never had any problems. That being the case, my mechanic did reuse the old insulator around the next spring. Hopefully I don't have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom