rubber gasket between carb and filter body (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
rubber gasket between carb and filter body... mine was missing for years, I replaced it today and it made a big difference. my vacum gauge reads higher and the intermitant bucking toned down a lot.:)

it was mia when i got the cruiser. I just figured the air box had a metal to metal seal with the carb horn.:doh:

Yeah. Probably leaked there once so they just took it off and ran without it.

so where did you buy the rubber gasket?

mine is missing as well.

Get the air cleaner/carb gasket at Toyota.

The other big failure with these (after flat out missing) is improper installation.
The gasket snaps into the opening of the aircleaner. It does not just lay on the carb, like the earlier models.

The gasket is Toyota part # 17848-61020

The other big failure with these (after flat out missing) is improper installation.
The gasket snaps into the opening of the aircleaner. It does not just lay on the carb, like the earlier models.

Nice tip. Next time my air filter needs cleaning, I'll try to snap it on there. Right now it's just laying there with some gasket sealer on it.

Jeeze, I been doin this wrong from the get-go:eek:. I dig simple tips that save me from being such a moron.
The gasket is Toyota part # 17848-61020
Thanks. Mine no longer snaps well to the air cleaner after being installed wrong too many times.
:cheers:
Butt

The gasket gets oily, prolly from vapor coming into the aircleaner via the valve cover vent hose.

speaking of that hose.. does it require a clamp on both sides. only the air filter side of mine is clamped, the valve cover side is just slip fit..

speaking of that hose.. does it require a clamp on both sides. only the air filter side of mine is clamped, the valve cover side is just slip fit..

Mine doesn't have clamps on the either end it is just a snug fit on both ends.

Useless wire spring clamps were installed when new.
A new, snug-fitting hose does not require clamps.

rubber gasket between carb and filter body... mine was missing for years, I replaced it today and it made a big difference. my vacum gauge reads higher and the intermitant bucking toned down a lot.:)

I just found out today mine is missing!!!!:doh:

Uh...wha'?

well, there ya' go..."ya' learn sumthin' new everyday". When I pulled mine off, it was laying there on the carb. I just figured that's the way it's supposed to be.

thanks for the "you can only get it here on Mud" reminder.

Cheers.

You can't get these at NAPA, by the way. I just had to order one from my local dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom