rubber gasket between carb and filter body

rubber gasket between carb and filter body... mine was missing for years, I replaced it today and it made a big difference. my vacum gauge reads higher and the intermitant bucking toned down a lot.:)

it was mia when i got the cruiser. I just figured the air box had a metal to metal seal with the carb horn.:doh:

FJ40Jim

The Cruiser Whisperer
SILVER Star
Website
www.tlcperformance.com
Get the air cleaner/carb gasket at Toyota.

The other big failure with these (after flat out missing) is improper installation.
The gasket snaps into the opening of the aircleaner. It does not just lay on the carb, like the earlier models.

The other big failure with these (after flat out missing) is improper installation.
The gasket snaps into the opening of the aircleaner. It does not just lay on the carb, like the earlier models.

Nice tip. Next time my air filter needs cleaning, I'll try to snap it on there. Right now it's just laying there with some gasket sealer on it.

Butt Ugly Chuck

Fish Biologist
Jeeze, I been doin this wrong from the get-go:eek:. I dig simple tips that save me from being such a moron.
The gasket is Toyota part # 17848-61020
Thanks. Mine no longer snaps well to the air cleaner after being installed wrong too many times.
:cheers:
Butt

The gasket gets oily, prolly from vapor coming into the aircleaner via the valve cover vent hose.

speaking of that hose.. does it require a clamp on both sides. only the air filter side of mine is clamped, the valve cover side is just slip fit..

rubber gasket between carb and filter body... mine was missing for years, I replaced it today and it made a big difference. my vacum gauge reads higher and the intermitant bucking toned down a lot.:)

I just found out today mine is missing!!!!:doh:

Uh...wha'?

well, there ya' go..."ya' learn sumthin' new everyday". When I pulled mine off, it was laying there on the carb. I just figured that's the way it's supposed to be.

thanks for the "you can only get it here on Mud" reminder.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom