Rubber cover behind oil drain plug?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jan 2, 2010
Palo Alto, California
I was under my truck and noticed that the rubber cover directly behind the oil drain plug was warped at the bottom. What does this cover protect? It's on the front of the transmission housing. Do you know the exact name for it, purpose and part number? Thank you...
That is an inspection cover for the torque plate I believe.
It is just a cover.
It does not matter if it is warped.
Is it falling out?
just checked the Haynes guide

it didn't specifically show that cover but I did see where the torque converter bolts are located. It's just bent at the bottom so not completely sealed. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom