RTT Automatic Leveling System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I value a quick set up and am interested to know if anyone else is tired of stacking rocks to have a level sleeping surface. I'm considering building a mechanical system to auto level my roof top tent at the push of a button.

I'm curious to know what everyone's solution is for sleeping flat. Does anyone have anything fancier than leveling blocks or a shovel? I am out in the weeds with this idea? Thoughts and feedback appreciated, thank you!

It's never been a big enough problem to put much thought into it. Most of the time I just drive around until it feels level. If that doesn't work I've never had to do anything more than drive on a rock or a piece of firewood to get level enough. If it's bad enough that I can't level the car, I'd probably go looking for another campsite.

I used to keep a 1" bubble level on the flat part of the console by the 2nd and Pwr buttons. It is level in my truck. I'd just eyeball it and drive around a bit until it was level. Now I have a Level Mate Pro, a electronic RV Level device, that tells me which wheel.is a smidgen low. I still just drive back and forth a but or maybe use a rock or block if it's too much.

I have a level app on my phone. Using that i can guess how high i need to stack rocks or wood and under which tire. i think a leveling system is cool if it's raining when you pull into camp but not worth the R&D for the occupational time pulling into camp while it's raining.. But if i were to do something like you are suggesting, Magnetic suspension or Airbags would be the route i would go

You can dig holes for your wheels if the surface allows. Dropping a wheel or 2 into strategically placed holes on the high side is as effective as stacking rocks on the low side. KISS (keep it stupid simple) usually works best. And yes, you should have a shovel with you.

You can dig holes for your wheels if the surface allows. Dropping a wheel or 2 into strategically placed holes on the high side is as effective as stacking rocks on the low side. KISS (keep it stupid simple) usually works best. And yes, you should have a shovel with you.
^^^^ this

^^^^ this
Yep. Holes are definitely easier than searching, hauling, stacking rocks and stuff. And if you're lucky to have a 100 with AHC it will fine tune to level if you're within range.

If you dig holes, please be kind and fill them back in before you leave. I've been to way too many campsites where previous users have not done this.

I use Lynx leveling blocks and they work fine. They don't take up much space and are definitely easier than digging or searching for rocks, etc. to stack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom