RTH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Stuck at car wash and truck wont turn over. All lights work and electrical. Doesnt make any noise except for a click when i turn key.

Got it started finally.

Something got wet and it caused it to not start.

After we pushed it to a sunny spot and left the hood up and gave it 10 min she fired right up.

Any thoughts about what got wet?

most likely the dizzy cap. If it is original or old, there may be some hairline cracks that the water can permeate.

Dizzy cap is 3 years old.

Check your battery terminals. Check wiring to starter. Check fuses. What kind of battery and how old?
Sounds like a battery issue to me.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using IH8MUD

What hj60 said /\ /\ /\ /\

Battery is three years old.

It has new battery terminals on it and they where tight.

Long story short I believe it to be the starter since I have been having a few issues with it not sound right. I am going to put my old starter in with new plunger and contacts Sunday. I am interested in knowing how to check the wire going to the starter since In will be working on it. My train of thought is if I have the same issue with the noise from my old starter as well then I have a wiring problem. The only way I can explain the sound is that it sounds like the starter is bogging down or literally catching on something. Murf had his techs check my flex plate when the transmission was off to do the rear main oil seal and they said it was in good shape.

Really though, it seemed like something dried out and then it stared working again. Is there anything at the back or front of the engine that if it got wet could short causing the truck not to start?

indeed, they somehow know :rolleyes:

Mine's been begging me to sell her. Maybe she thinks a new owner would actually take care of her. :(

Sent from my SGH-T959 using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom