RTH: what are these parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dnp

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
OK, I feel like an idiot even having to ask this, but I've got everything ready to go back together on the suspension lift I'm installing on my 80, and I've discovered two parts in my Man-a-Fre kit that I'm uncertain about. I ordered a 2/1 level stance kit (850's in front and 862's [I believe] in the rear) from Man-a-Fre and I also ordered a sway bar drop kit. However, I also have two "hockey puck" looking parts (two black, about 2 inch diameter cylinders with a hole drilled in the middle of each). I ordered this kit many months ago, and it's just slipping my mind as to exactly what these are. My memory (vague that it is) is telling me that these are front bump stop spacers, but since the bag they're in didn't contain any extended mounting hardware (bolts), it's making me question myself on if that's what they're for.

Obviously, I could wait until MAF opens Monday and ask them then, but I'm right in the middle of the project now, and I want to finish it Sunday. I went on MAF's web site, and there are no photos of these two parts on there (all of the bump stop spacers they have listed on there are for other LC's than 80's) Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me when I got to the point of wondering what they were; otherwise, I could have included a shot of the two parts here..........I'm sure one of you knows exactly what these are, and, again, I feel like an idiot even having to ask, but I'd rather be correct on how these two parts should be used.

Any direction would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

DNP,

Pictured is a Front 2inch bump stop spacer from SLEE, this may be what you have, but with just a 2 inch lift, I don't see any need for it, unless you are planning to run 35inch rubber with very minimal up travel????
Hope that helps.......
Chris
front_bump_stop.jpg

DNP,

Pictured is a Front 2inch bump stop spacer from SLEE, this may be what you have, but with just a 2 inch lift, I don't see any need for it, unless you are planning to run 35inch rubber with very minimal up travel????
Hope that helps.......
Chris
Those aren't the ones, but I agree with you on the lack of need for any extensions. That's what's got me perplexed about what these parts are for.

I'm just running 307/70-16's with a 2" lift in the front. I wouldn't think I'd need any extensions at all...........I'll try to get some photos posted ASAP (unless someone might know exactly what part I'm talking about and what they're for)

Thanks for the input.

Well, I've got more info now, and I want to see if y'all concur: Below are the photos of the parts. Also, I originally couldn't find the packing slip for the kit, but I just found it. The parts are listed as "4+Plus Body Lift Pucks - 1" Aluminum Round"......

1. Do you agree that these are most likely a mistake in the order?
2. Even if they could be used in another application in this suspension lift, they're not something I really must use, right?

Thanks for your advice on this. I just don't want to leave anything out that should have been installed in the first place (i.e., I don't want to have to do all of this over again!)
IMG_0745.JPG
IMG_0746.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom