RTH Torsion Bar and droop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does it make a difference when you measure the 21.5" from fender to center of wheel hub with or without tires on? I just finished installing tokico's in the front. When I measured the droop it currently stands at 23" which is concerning. Will it make a difference if I mount the tires and take it for a spin to see if things settle at all? If this seems off to experienced folks, should I turn the tb nut counter clockwise to reduce the droop to the ideal 21.5"? TIA!

You need to measure your ride height (the 21.5) with the wheels on and all of the weight of the vehicle on them. No jacks or jack stands.

You need to measure your ride height (the 21.5) with the wheels on and all of the weight of the vehicle on them. No jacks or jack stands.
Thanks, I'm going to take it for a spin and then measure as suggested. If it needs adjusting, I may just wait until tomorrow. It's getting late and I'm a little thirsty.

Thanks, I'm going to take it for a spin and then measure as suggested. If it needs adjusting, I may just wait until tomorrow. It's getting late and I'm a little thirsty.
Just remember to jack the vehicle back up to take the weight off of the torsion bars before you adjust them. This will make things a lot easier and lessen the chance of something happening to the adjuster bolts.

So DS is coming in at 19” and PS is a touch over 20”. What’s strange is PS seems to have a lot of thread available for adjustment. DS looks like I might get 3-4 revolutions.

So DS is coming in at 19” and PS is a touch over 20”. What’s strange is PS seems to have a lot of thread available for adjustment. DS looks like I might get 3-4 revolutions.
Sounds like you are going to need to re-clock the DS bar:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom