RTH - size of knuckle wiper seal bolts (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All, doing an axle job this week, everything is disassembled and after work today is cleaning and prep day for rebuild.

Yesterday I broke a bolt removing the knuckle wiper seal. Does anyone know the size/pitch/length of these?

Also, some of my knuckle lower steering arm studs loosened so I need to re-torque. Old style studs so I need to double nut to accomplish, what size/pitch nut does that take?

Thanks for your help.

John

why dont you just take one of the bolts thats not broken and go to home depot and find the right size?
I did that and got all new allen head bolts to boot.

why dont you just take one of the bolts thats not broken and go to home depot and find the right size?
I did that and got all new allen head bolts to boot.

Actually, it took me a while but I had just decided that, take old bolt, go to home depot and find correct nut to fit, that way I know the pitch and can find the correct bolt.

Sometimes it takes me posting something to figure it out on my own;)

Thanks,

John

just for the record it should be a 6x1.0 thread, and about 20 mm long.

Thanks Big Red. That definately helps me not spend 15 minutes eyeballing bolts through plastic at the depot.!

John

if yuo have an advanced auto neer you i would reccoment their cheepo tap and die set. its 31$ and works fairly well, youll get the most common metric sizes for working on the truck. also get extra 10 and 12 mm bolts, nuts and washers saved me when i did my wipers and had a bolt come out badly boogered up, had a spare in the driver seat ready to rock.

just for the record it should be a 6x1.0 thread, and about 20 mm long.

Got to work today (2nd shift) and realized I forgot to pick up a new bolt to replace the one that was bent almost to the point of breaking, but was able to extract it in one peice. Going home after work tonight to put my front end back together and of course, everywhere that sells bolts will be closed where I live. I was not sure of the size and was able to find this thread via Google, jot down the size, go to the local Lowes on my lunch break and pick up a bag of 4 M6x1.0x20mm bolts for $0.99 after taxes. Now I'm ready to go home and do some wrenching!

Perfect example of why it's not always a bad thing to start simple threads like this, as it will always serve as useful logged information for those resourceful enough to find it. I love the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom