RTH please: P037 “heated O2” sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all and my first RTH request. My wife and I are 7 hours from home and the 06 cruiser threw a p037 code. A couple guys said it was safe to drive but wanted to confirm the same with the group. Truck is running fine. Thoughts? We are going to be heading through Auburn CA in a couple hours and if needed can see if they can look at it today or tomorrow on our way back to Long Beach. Thank you all

Thank u!!!

Made the 650 mile trip home with no issues. Off to the dealer this week to pick up an o2 sensor. Thanks for the help !!

Tip: O2 sensors should be replaced in pairs.

Not a technical job if you want to save a few $ and diy. Fwiw Denso aftermarket O2 sensors are same as the OEM part- maybe 1/2 the price vs going to dealer for parts.

Enter model year here

Not a technical job if you want to save a few $ and diy.
FYI if it's not easy at the outset, stop. I ended up rounding off my O2 sensor. Now it can't be removed without taking out the exhaust manifold (as multiple shops have told me). So I've been driving with a bad sensor for over a year.

Of course- that can happen with any job on a 15-20yr old truck, sometimes things go smoothly and sometimes the task puts up some resistance. Mine actually spun right out with very little effort. A little prep work and a 6pt sensor specific socket usually works pretty good.

FYI if it's not easy at the outset, stop. I ended up rounding off my O2 sensor. Now it can't be removed without taking out the exhaust manifold (as multiple shops have told me). So I've been driving with a bad sensor for over a year.
Eh, just wait till the manifold cracks and then replace everything.

Thank you again all. I ended up purchasing both driver side sensors as was suggested. Same sensors in Denso boxes were less than half the cost of the SAME sensor in Toyota boxes. Toyota wanted $979 to do both. I did Them for $210. Crazy! Thank you again !

You replaced bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2? Did you get codes for both?

When I suggested replacing sensors in pairs- maybe I should have been more clear, its left & right of the same circuit
So if bank 1 sensor 2 is bad you proactively replace bank 2 sensor 2.

If you happen to throw P0057 in a few months you’ll know what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom