RTH Please! I a (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After jumping my truck the windows, ac, and most of the dash don't work. The transmission will not go into over drive. In the woods camping and its a long way home driving in third gear, no ac, and I can't roll the windows down.

Fusible like at the battery?

check all connections at battery. then look at fuses.

I disconnected the battery and reconnected. Tightened everything down. Is there one fuse that would cover all of these functions? Center diff light doesn't come on either.

Checked individual fuses and they are good

you most likely have more than one wire that goes to the pos + side. check all of those, sometimes the wire gets brittle and breaks. Should have fuses under dash and under hood.

Not sure what year your truck is but attached is a couple of wiring diagrams from the '96 EWD. One is for the fusible links and what they power. The other is for the AC. I don't have any answers but hopefully this helps. Let me know if you need any other diagrams to help with the TS.

Attachments

• Air Con.pdf
    124.6 KB · Views: 41
  • powersou.pdf
    316.7 KB · Views: 39
Looking at fuse boxes, you would have had to blown multiple fuses to loose all those things. I would check for broken wire

Flat-line from OP.
Odds are leaning 'air'. lol

Thanks to those who offered useful input. I changed out the fusible link. Always carry a spare. No help. I went back and pulled each fuse again. The Gage fuse was blown. It was hard to tell. The first time I looked I didn’t see the very small area where it was blown. FWIW. That fuse affects the windows, air conditioning, Overdrive in the tyranny, gas gage, speedo, rpms, alternator gage and I think Center diff. I would have never imagined that one fuse affected so many functions.

80 jump.jpg

Come on, man!
Fair that.
Your sitch seemed dire. Glad you got it handled.
But while we waited... :clown:
I had to drive 25 miles away from camp to get a cell signal. Didn’t get back into cell range until yesterday or I would have responded earlier. As far as dire, it wasn't life or death of course, but my entire weekend plans with my daughter and the group I was with were not going to work if I didn't get my truck working right. Not to mention it's a long way home with windows down that would not roll up, no a/c, no idea how much gas, speed or rpms. I could have used Google maps to determine my speed, but the truck would not get past third gear.

Thanks to those who offered useful input. I changed out the fusible link. Always carry a spare. No help. I went back and pulled each fuse again. The Gage fuse was blown. It was hard to tell. The first time I looked I didn’t see the very small area where it was blown. FWIW. That fuse affects the windows, air conditioning, Overdrive in the tyranny, gas gage, speedo, rpms, alternator gage and I think Center diff. I would have never imagined that one fuse affected so many functions.
Gauge fuse is a big one.... I just saw this thread and was going to suggest checking it.

Had the same thing happen in Death Valley. Had to keep replacing the fuse. I didn’t jump the truck.

I eventually got a VSS code in Mojave. Thought I was gonna drive back to the Bay Area in 3rd gear. Turned out the VSS was loose on the transfer case.

Every time I lost gauges and AC, I had several seconds to roll down windows. I pulled the radio out thinking it was a short. It was intermittent. I ended up using all my buddies 10 or 15 amp fuses and bought all the ones at several gas stations until we figured out the problem. The one fuse cover a lot of circuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom