RTH: New OEM Key Shell Stuck Inside Ignition Cylinder (1 Viewer)

UGN

I ordered couple new OEM key shells from an eBay seller as both original key blades for my 2006 Lexus LX 470 are worn now. Apparently they shipped me a wrong product with the part number 89752-33070 and the correct one for my vehicle is 04873-48020 (It was provided to me by a local Lexus dealership). Also they cut the new keys for free to match the original ones.

Before I realised the difference between the new and old keys I have tried the new key and it worked until I tried to remove it from the ignition but I could not. Now it's stuck inside the ignition! When I compared the second new key to the old one I found it was exactly the same except the new one was 3 mm shorter. Also there is a letter "L" stamped on the old key blade.

Please does anyone know how to remove this shorter key without breaking it or the ignition cylinder? I put into ACC but cannot push in enough to remove it 😥

UGN

Rig is in Park, correct?
Yes, it's in Park as I did not start the vehicle when I tried the new key, just inserted and turned it to ON to test it. I cannot believe I got myself into this trouble.

Last edited:

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
SILVER Star
You should include "RTH" at the beginning of your thread title too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom