RTH: Missing Throttle Cable Bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaticTorque

SILVER Star
Threads
Today I’m replacing my brake booster in my LC. With the videos I watched on YouTube, and reads I’ve done, they talk about how there’s a throttle cable bracket between the Master and Booster that makes it a pain to get booster out. Well I have the booster out now and I don’t see a bracket anywhere. Down below I circled the bracket I’m talking about in blue, picture is from @NSBG Thread on Throttle cable replacement.

B6735825-4960-49DF-A7A6-A3AF624C2E84.jpeg

Today I’m replacing my brake booster in my LC. With the videos I watched on YouTube, and reads I’ve done, they talk about how there’s a throttle cable bracket between the Master and Booster that makes it a pain to get booster out. Well I have the booster out now and I don’t see a bracket anywhere. Down below I circled the bracket I’m talking about in blue, picture is from @NSBG Thread on Throttle cable replacement.

View attachment 2837330

I agreed with everything you said but I don't understand what kind of RTH you need.

I agreed with everything you said but I don't understand what kind of RTH you need.
Trying to figure out if that bracket is Necessary because I noticed my rig is missing it. The Real Time Help is because I’m currently working on replacing the booster and throttle cable.

If it never did and has been fine i'd say no
Well I’m not sure lol. It obviously had it at one point in time. I’m just not sure if that bracket isn’t there and the throttle cable isn’t run exactly how it’s supposed to, it would mess it up.

Looks like the clips in red hold the throttle cable...not sure what that bracket you have shown even does or if it even has anything to do with it

Is your brake master cylinder aftermarket? I tracked down that bracket myself for my rig, but the reason it was missing in the first place was the AISIN assembly had been swapped out for a generic aftermarket one, and the bracket didn't fit on the replacement. I sourced a genuine master cylinder to replace it. Check for markings on the housing.

That bracket can be a pain to work with. I was in there last weekend changing my my booster. I'm inclined to think that if it hasn't been there since you've owned the rig, and haven't noticed anything amiss... Leave it well enough alone. But I'm probably in by the minority.

Is your brake master cylinder aftermarket? I tracked down that bracket myself for my rig, but the reason it was missing in the first place was the AISIN assembly had been swapped out for a generic aftermarket one, and the bracket didn't fit on the replacement. I sourced a genuine master cylinder to replace it. Check for markings on the housing.
I’m not sure if the Master was ever replaced, the booster had gone out sometime in the lifespan of its life. But it was not an OEM one, so I put one in it.
That bracket can be a pain to work with. I was in there last weekend changing my my booster. I'm inclined to think that if it hasn't been there since you've owned the rig, and haven't noticed anything amiss... Leave it well enough alone. But I'm probably in by the minority.
Yeah I think I’ll just try it and see. I don’t like how close it sits to the intake manifold though.

Yes, there is a little "Squeezy" bracket on the end of that bracket that supports the throttle cable and prevents it rubbing on the intake manifold. Probably over-engineering by Mr. T, but it was there from the factory......

Yes, there is a little "Squeezy" bracket on the end of that bracket that supports the throttle cable and prevents it rubbing on the intake manifold. Probably over-engineering by Mr. T, but it was there from the factory......
So it’s worth getting one and adding it back? The intake doesn’t get too hot so it shouldn’t hurt it in that way. But rubbing on it probably wouldn’t be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom