RTH: Gas leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '91 FJ80 motsly stock, mostly baselined, with a small gas leak. I have been chasing it for a few weeks now with no luck on locating it. I finally got the area down the other day and it looks like it coming from bewteen the oil pan and transmission, but can not see exactly where its leaking. it has not affected gas mileage much, but the smell is killing me! Any body have any ideas? i don't want to have to drop the oil pan just to find it. Any help would be great!

Can you trace it to PS or DS of engine. have you check injectors? Fuel Filter and lines?

HTH

Can you trace it to PS or DS of engine. have you check injectors? Fuel Filter and lines?

HTH

Its hard to teel which side it's coming from but it is more on the DS. I cant check the lines because the oil pan is in my way and i can't see it form the top of the engine.

Still pretty new to the LC game, what the heck is that?

That is a pulsation dampner valve on the firewall side of the fuel rail.
They can leak when they fail and the gas would drain pretty close to where you are describing.
Not hard to fix.
Part number is 23207-46010

NICE TIP SPECTRE

beats a cracked tank :rolleyes:

Spectre, good call, the dampner is located at the back of the motor in the 91.. IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom