RTH: Durham area. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I replaced the idler pulley as it was toasted done.
I also replaced the tensioner pulley as I was in there and added a new belt for good measure.

I didn't want to get stuck somewhere on dark cold night.

By the way, the jack/tire tool makes a great hood prop!

Pics or it didn't happen, right?
9DB045F7-94C0-47E7-B3DE-D7B2BD1FB706.jpeg
F3037C67-D248-414B-8CEA-4B9D8D4CFB93.jpeg
DE8BBF7A-D81C-4E54-B38E-849446741AF1.jpeg
81B26168-49ED-4EA6-801F-FB60589785ED.jpeg
B9C2307B-039B-4390-AE35-83F15C966E1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Wasn't it you who just replaced belts and pulleys on a SC'd engine like a couple weeks ago? Or was it you who said that'd be a good PM item due to Mr Murphy, Esq?

That was me but Sam provided the part numbers and he did mention adding to his bag so he wouldn’t get stranded. I was quietly admiring the irony but now see it’s one of those fancy 4.7 serpentine systems he was working on. One day maybe. One day.

Last edited:
Ha ha. Yes John, I was saying that. I just should have applied that to all of my Toyota vehicles and actually followed through.

I still need to get those replacement pulleys for the mighty 4.5. I probably should have got them while I was at the parts store but was a bit preoccupied.

It was pretty ironic, Jason.
My first thought was to limp home slowly but then I recalled your incident and headed to the nearest O'reilly.

Those parts will suffice until I get back in there with Toyota ones.

The tensioner pulley shape won't allow the factory dust shield to fit. Good thing this one doesn't see dirt. I think/hope it will be good for a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom