RTH- dead alternator? Ouray CO - resolved (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Goforth

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all,

Just fueled up in Ouray and noticed smoke from under hood. Smells like electric burn. The charge light is on in the dash now too.

There’s on shop in Ouray: Timber Ridge Service. Guy named Steve ordered alternator but it’s coming from Montrose and should be here Wednesday. Steve said he’ll let me use his shop because he doesn’t want to do it!

Anyone looking for fun on a Wednesday is welcome.

Charles

Current status:
Old Alternator is on the ground.
D18A379B-8666-4523-9CFA-83A33EBC31CE.jpeg

Waiting for the new one to arrive. Should be here in an hour or so.
Had to remove air box to get access to bolts and pull the power steering pump out of way.
FC076580-AD75-4C6B-82AE-5CC6ACD4897E.jpeg

Broke off one of the vacuum connectors on the power steering pump so I’m letting it cure with some epoxy.
[
928820FD-B094-435D-A213-F6D4449E3164.jpeg

Had to disconnect fan shroud to get space to move the alternator out from below

C73E7DF1-121E-4BFC-9FA2-0AD9482122D4.jpeg

Anyhow, here’s to hoping the new alternator will be the right one when it arrives. A little adventure while on vacation

Last edited:
Current status:
Old Alternator is on the ground.
View attachment 2705197
Waiting for the new one to arrive. Should be here in an hour or so.
Had to remove air box to get access to bolts and pull the power steering pump out of way.
View attachment 2705199
Broke off one of the vacuum connectors on the power steering pump so I’m letting it cure with some epoxy.
[View attachment 2705198

Had to disconnect fan shroud to get space to move the alternator out from below

View attachment 2705201

Anyhow, here’s to hoping the new alternator will be the right one when it arrives. A little adventure while on vacation
At least you have the skill set to take care of this yourself. Maybe this will motivate others to learn how to wrench.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom