RTH. AHC flashes. Stuck on low (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some help please. I am on a trip about 2 hours from home and my AHC is flashing on low. My reservoir is empty. Apparently I have a leak. Hopefully small. Is there some off the shelf hydraulic or suspension fluid that I can use temporarily until I get home to diagnose and flush the system? I feel the right height is quite a bit lower but I am not on the pump stops yet. TIA

Are you near any Toyota dealership at all? Have you looked under the truck for leaks already? Rear shocks can be prone to leaking.

I'd been told years ago that mineral oil would work in a pinch but I'd do some googling before going that route. Where are you at currently? Are you in a safe location, not on the side of the road or anything?

I don't think any Toyota dealerships will be open today, but I will check. I am safe. Traveling about another 1.5 hrs to campground. I am not bottoming out. So it should be fine. I'll look at the mineral oil thing. Thanks
EDIT: Really dropped low now. Went over a wooden bridge and it totally bottomed out.

20190623_153631.jpg

Mineral oil... Hmm

I would think that ATF may be a closer match because of its hydraulic priorities.

Last edited:
Theoretically, you could drive home on the bump stops and be fine. It'll be uncomfortable as s***, but you can do it.

You try taking some load out and putting it into N? This happened to me a few times when really loaded up. I would turn off ignition, tell the kids to get out and it would raise to N again.

The pic I attached yesterday was an unloaded vehicle. It is definitely sagging in the back. I was just curious if anyone has used anything other than the Toyota brand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom