RTH 2000 LC VSC pulsating brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
A customer of mine is in Ellijay, Georgia. He has a 2000 LandCruiser. He just called me and told me that the VSC light came on and the brakes started pulsating while driving straight at 55. He is now at the bottom of a hill and the VSC light is on. If he turns VSC off the vehicle moves forward but it feels like the brakes are still on.

My first thought is thebrake booster assembly. I am not sure what else it would be. What would happen if i have him pull the VSC fuse? Any other thoughts? Does anyone know of a cruiser mechanic around Jasper, Georgia?

I think the ABS light would also come on if it was an issue related to the booster. Did he have any work done recently? For example, adjust torsion bars or lift the rear? Zero point calibration is practically mandatory afterwards to prevent VSC from kicking in unnecessarily. Also might be related to loose wheel bearings.

Also might be related to loose wheel bearings.
If I were a betting man this is exactly what I would guess also. Extremely loose wheel bearings and nuts causing the hub to walk and give you the warped rotor feel. This would also effect the wheel speed sensors which would explain the VSC light. Is the pulsating braking also felt heavily through the steering wheel or just the pedal?

It is felt through the steering wheel and pedal. He pulled the fuse for VSC And it stopped. He is taking the vehicle to a shop now. I will post the outcome.

He took it to a mechanic locally and they cleared Computer errors were AbS brake and Master Cylinder pressure. They cleared both errors. They said that the wheel bearings looked fine, and the shocks and springs looked fine. Less than two years old. Cruiser drove great and after 100 Miles started getting the same thing again.

He brought it to Toyota in Panama City on his way back to Florida. They ran through everything and said that there were no issues. They cleared the ABS brake in the master cylinder pressure errors.

Driving home, he gets the same VSC light and pulsating brakes. Any suggestions?

He took it to a mechanic locally and they cleared Computer errors were AbS brake and Master Cylinder pressure. They cleared both errors. They said that the wheel bearings looked fine, and the shocks and springs looked fine. Less than two years old. Cruiser drove great and after 100 Miles started getting the same thing again.

He brought it to Toyota in Panama City on his way back to Florida. They ran through everything and said that there were no issues. They cleared the ABS brake in the master cylinder pressure errors.

Driving home, he gets the same VSC light and pulsating brakes. Any suggestions?
Signs are pointing towards the ABS unit unfortunately...

Customer just stated “The alarm has gone off like a tire is slipping six times. Five times the alarm went off with no slippage and no vibrating or automatic braking. Once and only once on a flat dry street did the truck brakes pulsate to slow me down even though no chance of slippage at the time.”

I agree it is the ABS master cylinder unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom