RTH! 05 LX470 AHC to Radflo - Bushing Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.ultimateyota.com
Need some help this morning! I spent last weekend stripping AHC parts from the LX, and today I am installing my new Radflo shocks. I have come across a problem.

The hole for the upper shock mount are very large, nearly the diameter of the supplied bushings. What did you do to fill this hole? Radflo does not provide any retainer/washer to go between the frame and bushings, should I be attempting to reuse the AHC washers (I would have to cut the old bushings off). I searched and searched but found nothing for installing LC shocks on an LX where this problem was addressed.

Thanks for the help!

2019-04-19 08.21.18.jpg

Can you post pictures of what you received from RadFlo?

Here is what I received from radflo. Front and rear have the same hardware

IMG_20190419_100747.jpg

That’s strange. Looks like that bushing will just slip through the hole.

There's probably 3/16 annular overlap, but I can see it failing in the future, most likely at the most in-opportune time.

As you tighten, do you think the bushings are designed to expand and make that overlap larger? Seems like that would hold it in place.

My bigger concern is long term wear on those bushings. I have had shocks with another set of washers between the shock mount and the bushing and have still seen bushings get worn quickly.

Have you spoken to RadFlo about this? Did they send you the wrong kit? Do you have any washers from your OEM shocks that could assist?

Haven't spoken to radflo. I have washers from the AHC that will work. Just spent a few minutes heating them up to release the OG bushings. I think it will now work well. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks!

Good luck. I would not install without the secon set of washers. They usually help center and provide some protection.

Absolutely! I've been down that road on my 4runner and have little desire to do this job twice, especially the rears!

I'm sending off an email to Radflo and see if they have any insight. I have a hard time believing I am the only one to encounter this problem.

I did receive a reply back.

We have never had an issue with these mounts, they are universal and all of our post top shocks use the same bushings. The bushings have that raised center section on them to help keep them centered in larger holes and one side of the bushing is larger than the other so just make sure to put the larger raised section of both bushings toward that hole. You should have no issues at all.

I will proceed as directed and update with how it goes.

Yes! Suspension feels great! I have only been on one trip with it but both road manners and offroad performance are exactly what I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom