RT Help Console Swap Question LX450 to LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so my 40th came with a LX450 center console and while i am getting ready to sell the truck i want to get it back to as close to stock as possible to get the most money.
i bought another console from a mud member from a 40th and i took the other console out today. what i ran into is this
IMG_3485_zpsybshxlqx.jpg

a big flat plate after i took the sub out and the cd changer . so i cant figure out if i take this out and try to mount the LC console underneath ? does anyone have a photo of an land cruiser with the console out so i can figure this out ?

thanks in advance , i hope im not being to vague .

anyone?

Cant help with what your question is BUT I removed that plate in order to mount my own bracket for the power distribution mod I made. Center console still bolts up fine. But there should be another bracket that has two studs in it if you are using the LX/40th console. If you are using the LC console then that bracket must be removed anyway to get access to the two bolt holes to be able to bolt down the LC console. Plus you need the two bolts. The LX/40th uses nuts.

alright , i have some little plate that came with the LC console so i will remove that plate and see if i can mount that onto the floor

Please post your findings for those of us also interested in replacing an LX console in favor of an LC one. I recall an older thread about brackets being different, but haven't compared the two myself.

So I almost have this console in and these 2 bolts seem to be to short to catch on the threads in the rear portion. Same size bolt in the front barely caught . Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I'd take that image down- we can see everything needed to use it for a purchase!

Hey look- new sliders!! :cheers:

Alright alright , you'll be lucky if you get A 6 pack and some chips with that card ...
So back to my dilemma , are those smaller than the ones for the Landcruiser ? Did the po swap the bolts ?

You likely just need longer bolts. There is a emboss in the plastic where it meets the metal plate and threads. Those bolts are likely just not long enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom