RSVP for Rausch Creek HERE!!!! Everyone read (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Its wheeling time! As discussed in last night's meeting. Everyone please post up if they will be heading out Fri. evening to camp or leaving sat. morning. Once we figure out if we will all be going up at the same time or going at 2 separate times, we can determine an ideal place to meet and caravan up.

Everyone must purchase a $10 one year membership. Then it is $25 per day per vehicle. Additional passengers will be charged $5 per day. We are on the calandar on Raush Creek's website for the weekend and may camp on Fri. and Sat. night. It looks like there will be 2 other groups camping for the weekend as well.

Here is the link for the rules and regulations. You can also get other park info from it as well. http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/rules.asp Check you full size spares to make sure they hold air (especially guys like me with it under the truck) You also are required to have a towing point on the front as well.

Should be good times!!!!!!!!!
I will schedule a Happy Hour prior to the trip so we can hash out any last minute details. I'm thinking Gordon Biersh in the new addition to the Tysons Mall. There's lots of parking on the top of the parking garage so we can line our trucks up and feel "groupish" plus we can make sure everyone is properly set up if need be.

So who's game for Fri. night and who down with early sat (we need to sign in by 10am)?

I'm in for Sat. morning

In for Saturday morning.

Also, post up if you're planning on staying the night/s or returning on Sat evening.

I plan on camping Sat night.

In for sat morning, leaving sat nite.

Just need to know what time to meet at the Rausch parking lot/check in.

Last edited:
I am flexible. I can leave friday or sat early. I will camp at least Sat night... Unless it pours (i might think twice :(

Does anyone no the forcast for next weekend? we can review before the happy hour. Wed might be good night for happy hour.

As is suggested, we might do communal cooking to make things easier, and reduce amount of equip we haul up. if you are camping, let us know if apposed to this... I suggest my famous whole roasted garlic stuffed with garlic, bread, tomatoes and a bit of hot pepper.

I can figure out what we need once we have count, and either shop ahead, (thursday night), or on way up.

Sebastien.

H2o said:
As is suggested, we might do communal cooking to make things easier, and reduce amount of equip we haul up. if you are camping, let us know if apposed to this... I suggest my famous whole roasted garlic stuffed with garlic, bread, tomatoes and a bit of hot pepper. Sebastien.

That is a lot of garlic. :D

I just checked the calender and I won't be able to leave the office until around 5 on Friday unless I am able to change an appointment which I will try. I am not certain my traction bar will be finished in time so I may be a passenger anyway.

If it looks like no one wants to chance camping due to weather conditions or time constraints or whatever, then the Saturday leave early thing makes the most sense.

Question about alcohol:

Andrew, you mentioned at the meeting that you thought they didn't allow any alcohol at all into the park, but the rules website you linked to says "no drinking and driving."

Does that mean we can bring beers to enjoy at the campsite as long as we're done driving?

Felix

At this point, the forecast is for a few showers and mid-50s, but that could change.

YEAH!!! :cool:

Man I'm ready. Got my Slee lower control arms installed last night. I bent the DS one at Devil's Ditch :D. But I would hate the weather though. I hate rain while wheeling :mad:. I hope it gets better buy next week.

I am planning to camp sat as well (unless something of hi urgency pops up!) I will find out about the booze issue.

I don't know if anyone here uses the www.cruizers.com site but I posted an invite for the swap meet there. I haven't used that forum for about 1-2 years since I discovered mud.

Okay,
I can call Lynn if we are not going to make it by 10am but that is what we should shoot for... Also, we can drink provided we are both camping and finished wheeling for the day.

I think we should try to get there earlier than 10:00.

I agree. I also just posted a thread about the Happy Hour next wed.

Gotta run, Andrew

I'd like to camp at least Sat and maybe Fri if anyone's interested.

If a lot of people want to go up on Friday, I could be convinced.

It's just a long damn way to go for a day trip. I'd rather get there Friday, even if it's late, than leave at the crack of dawn on Saturday. I'm planning to meet up with some of the PA crew Friday night and camp if it's not too cold.

Bob, so are you doing Paragon with the PA guys and Rausch Creek with CLCC?

Sorry Felix, but I've got he two trips confused. I'll most likely go to RC since it's a little closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom