RPMs at Idle and 65? (1FZ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Wondering what typical after-warm-up idle and 65mph RPMs are for the 1FZ, and whether that changes after rebuild (vs. decades-old original). I get...

600-800 idle parked and in-gear
2300 @65mph on 31.5" tires
Stock gears, original engine, 237k miles

Highway rpm won't change with engine age, only gearing and tire size changes. Your rpm sounds normal.

Idle rpm spec is 650 +/- 50 on a warm engine. There's a handful of things that can bring this out of spec, such as vacuum leaks, dirty throttle body, issues with the idle control valve, misadjusted throttle cable, misadjusted throttle position sensor, fuel pressure out of spec, etc..

When everything is dialed in it'll be right at the 650 mark.

650 rpm warm and just checked on the way home 100kph (62 miles) was just a tad under 2200rpm, A442F auto, tyres are 265/75*16

600ish all day on 14k mile old 1fz built with new Toyota parts. Same as og iirc.

Zero oil consumption running 5w-30 full synthetic Pennzoil ultra platinum. Markedly more power than og. Higher idle oil pressure = 😁

image.jpg

Jaymar, I know you are a search maven so why post a new thread?

Last edited:
600ish all day on 14k mile old 1fz built with new Toyota parts. Same as og iirc.

Zero oil consumption running 5w-30 full synthetic Pennzoil ultra platinum. Markedly more power than og. Higher idle oil pressure = 😁

View attachment 3240841

Jaymar, I know you are a search maven so why post a new thread?
Didn’t find an old one specifically on this.

Highway rpm won't change with engine age, only gearing and tire size changes. Your rpm sounds normal.

Idle rpm spec is 650 +/- 50 on a warm engine. There's a handful of things that can bring this out of spec, such as vacuum leaks, dirty throttle body, issues with the idle control valve, misadjusted throttle cable, misadjusted throttle position sensor, fuel pressure out of spec, etc..

When everything is dialed in it'll be right at the 650 mark.
Effect of s/c, if any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom