Royal Purple Oil in 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was talking to one of my friends and he mentioned using only Royal Purple oil in his motorcyle , vette and truck. He gave it high marks , sooo.... Does anybody have any experience with using it in their cruisers?
I'm coming up on an oil change and was thinking of switching over for an interval to see what the big deal is.

As far as I know Royal Purple is just another high-quality synthetic oil like Amsoil,Mobil1 and Redline except that either the bottle or oil is purple.

Probably good stuff just don't over pay. For the real experts on oil check out the forums at bobistheoilguy.com .

If you decide to run it do a UOA (used oil analysis) and share it with the board.

Hook into some Mobil Delvac 1 synthetic diesel oil, it is probably called Mobil 1 Truck & SUV in the US , handles turbo diesels high temps, high detergents for the diesel should keep your engine cleaner, 5W-40, ........from their website heavy-duty service it may or may not be better than Mobil 1........from their site

Product Description

Mobil 1 Truck & SUV is engineered for hard-working gasoline and diesel engines. Mobil 1 Truck & SUV is a high performance, fully synthetic engine oil that provides unsurpassed lubrication and extreme temperature performance for today's gasoline and diesel engines operating in severe applications.

Features & Benefits

Mobil 1 Truck & SUV provides outstanding performance and protection for hardworking engines where towing, hauling and severe service are standard daily requirements.

* Exceptional high temperature protection for hot running engines under heavy load.
* Excellent low temperature protection for quick and easy start-ups in cold weather.
* Keeps engines clean through outstanding resistance to high temperature varnish and low temperature sludge deposit formation.
* Excellent oil consumption control
* Outstanding wear protection and performance reserve to maximize engine life
* Provides owners of both gasoline and diesel engines a single solution for exceptional performance and protection
Specifications & Approvals

Mobil 1 Truck & SUV meets or exceeds the following industry specifications:
API gasoline engine standards SL,SJ
API diesel engine standards CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF

So I guess, its Mobil 1 Truck & SUV for heavy duty service.
My .02 worth

Royal Purple is good stuff I definitely won't knock it. Consider this though; if I can run 12,000 mile intervals in regular old Mobil1 5W-30 (not even Delvac) with great UOA results why spend the extra? M1 and this engine appear to be a match made in heaven. There are very few UOA's that look better for those kinds of intervals, and that includes cars that don't see dirty dusty muddy conditions like the 100 sees. Look on here at a couple UOA's on regular M1 5w-30 by myself and elltee. They are good looking analyses.

I am in agreement with Tad. I am doing M1 5W-30 and an M1-209 filter every 10,000 mi. This engine loves that combination. My buddy has 150,000 mi. on his Tundra with this same oil/filter/interval combination and it runs like new.

Cost of oil and filter every 10,000 mi. is around $35...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom