Routing Wires to the Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.photos.moore4x4.com
Well, finally bought the Prinsu rack for my 80. I searched and read a few posts about running wires, but wondering if anyone has any other photos or advice. I bought the 40" LED light bar with the rack, before reading what others said about mounting a light up there, and hope I dont get too much glare off the hood. Anyway, need to run wires up to the rack, so any advice appreciated.

I bought a snorkel mainly so I could run the wire thru it. Haven't got it installed yet so no pictures

Well, finally bought the Prinsu rack for my 80. I searched and read a few posts about running wires, but wondering if anyone has any other photos or advice. I bought the 40" LED light bar with the rack, before reading what others said about mounting a light up there, and hope I dont get too much glare off the hood. Anyway, need to run wires up to the rack, so any advice appreciated.
I asked the same question not too long ago.
What kind of grommet do you use for wires going to roof rack?

As far as the glare goes I sprayed plastids on the center section of the hood. That eliminates it completely. Pepboys, auto zone etc have a pretty good color selection these days so its quite easy to match the color to your rig.

I bought a snorkel mainly so I could run the wire thru it. Haven't got it installed yet so no pictures
Yeah, I do plan on adding a snorkel. Always liked the fact of pulling clean, cooler air from higher up, rather then pavement heat from the wheel well.

I asked the same question not too long ago.
What kind of grommet do you use for wires going to roof rack?

As far as the glare goes I sprayed plastids on the center section of the hood. That eliminates it completely. Pepboys, auto zone etc have a pretty good color selection these days so its quite easy to match the color to your rig.
Thanks for the info, I did read thru your thread. Not sure if it is the pic blown up, or what, but the photo looks like it sticks way up.above the roofline.

Found another thread here:
Roof Rack Wiring: best way on an 80, any Snorkel Runs??

I will be putting quite a number of lights up in the roof rack area and all on their own switches. To run a large bundle of cables around the snorkel is just not what I want to do. So some kind o water proof bulkhead fitting is the only way to go for me.

I will be using something like this one:

C_LB_large.jpg

Its sleek waterproof and does not look like s*** when the rook rack is not mounted.

Here the link to the product:

Code 3 Police > Lightbar Accessories

I will be using something like this one:

C_LB_large.jpg

Its sleek waterproof and does not look like s*** when the rook rack is not mounted.

Here the link to the product:

Code 3 Police > Lightbar Accessories
Now that looks more professional and the way to go! Thank you for all this info. I must say, I am not good at searching for things on here. I didn't see any of these other threads.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom