Roundup '06? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eskimo

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rnrfab.com
Because of logistics & finances, I need to start making plans now to attend the '06 Roundup...

Have any dates been set?
Gonna be at Katemcy again?

I looked at all the lodging listed for the '05 Roundup... all we need is a campsite with a shower facility nearby.. Power hookup would be nice, but not mandatory. Any recommendations? I'm just towing a 16' trailer with my CTD.. not an RV, unfortunately, but I usually camp in RV sites for the power & water hookups. :)

Thanks, and I'm really looking forward to putting faces with names, and enjoying some non-imported Shiner! (Which, by the way, is the only beer I can stand drinking... I'm a rum/Jack guy)

(I might even be able to score some HIGH quality...umm, local concoction... maybe. Eat the fruit at your own risk! ;) )

Not sure on the date...I think we're still trying to figure out who will be the event chairman, registration coordinator etc.

Camping onsite is great. I *think* there will be power hookups be next year, but my want to check K-rocks website for more info. Should be a link at lslc.org

Eskimo said:
Because of logistics & finances, I need to start making plans now to attend the '06 Roundup...

I'll be representing the western side of NC for sure. Ridiculous that we'd both have to drive to Texas to meet though.
:rolleyes:

TJK

That would be excellent. I can just imagine the level of grief I'd receive if I trailered my 80 to Texas so I'd be happy to ride along as wingman. I know of a 40 or two that might want a ride though.

Thanks!

TJK

I would like to humbly request that the week of March 12th be strongly considered - last year the Roundup was the week before Texas A&M's spring break, and poor little ol' me didn't get to go.

Oh, and just in case that short man comes in here with his comments about Aggies (that would be you, Nolen), :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Kaderabek said:
That would be excellent. I can just imagine the level of grief I'd receive if I trailered my 80 to Texas so I'd be happy to ride along as wingman. I know of a 40 or two that might want a ride though.
TJK

Now THAT might be a great idea.. always good to have someone to look for problems with the trailer... With the dually fenders, I really can't see a helluva lot of the trailer tires.

Also - just thought of the BIG thing - Since my soon-to-be wife will hopefully be going with me, without a second vehicle, they (or she) would be riding in the extended cab area.. NOT very roomy, especially for 24 hours of road time!!

But damn, anything to split the cost of fuel would be fantastic... I certainly would rather tow long distance with a goose anyway, the added weight wouldn't bother the truck... And with the license plate "FJ HAULR", what else could I possibly tow? :D

Eskimo said:
Also - just thought of the BIG thing - Since my soon-to-be wife will hopefully be going with me, without a second vehicle, they (or she) would be riding in the extended cab area.. NOT very roomy, especially for 24 hours of road time!!

I'm fairly passenger friendly. :D

TJK

We actually talked about moving the date back maybe to Feb...thoughts?
Butch

Kaderabek said:
Sure. Gonna have to clear the snow off those rocks though. :rolleyes:

TJK

Snow........in the hill country?
What are you smokin' :confused:

Feb would be good, no events to contend with! Have to get a bunch of people off their butts to get their rigs done tho! I'd be in for that.. I'd even bring a truck! One that even runs!

Texican said:
We actually talked about moving the date back maybe to Feb...thoughts?
Butch

Late February is perfect IMHO. I'm looking forward to my first Roundup.

Kaderabek said:
I know of a 40 or two that might want a ride though.

TJK

Looks like I've got the 32' goose lined up... He said I could borrow it for the week.. sa-weeet! The CTD will ride SO much nicer with some real weight on it.

It's a low-boy though, 83" or 84" between the fenders, so if any of the guys are real wide, it might not work so well...

One of the guys is pretty wide. Not so much his Cruiser. :D

Are you serious about this?

TJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom